Chaos dwarves and physical abilities

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

krybosis
Rookie
Rookie

Chaos dwarves and physical abilities

Post by krybosis »

A short and silly question : do Chaos Dwarves have access to the physical abilities skill category in a roll of doubles?

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Short answer too.
No.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Deathwing is correct, it may not really make sense but the answer is no. Obviously the existence of Bull Centaurs has nothing to do with chaos or warpstone.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

But we surely wish that we could pick from them physical abilities! Imagine a Hobbo with Very Long Legs!!!

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

Forget what I just said, I was getting excited... We were talking CD, not hobboes... But anyway! Could you imagine a Bull Centaur with Horns !!! CD's with razor sharp claws !!!

Just dreaming... :cry:

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Chaos Dwarves is a bit of a misnomer these days...Dark Dwarfs just sounds stupid though (Dark Elves don't get mutations either.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Well Dark Elves dont follow or even like chaos. True tho Chaos Dwarves arent really chaos,they should be renamed, perhaps call them Squats.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

chaos dwarves are definitely a bit lost in the nomenclature department... it's the downside of their continued afterthought status at GW...

if memory serves...

they began as full-on chaos followers, a single regiment possibility in the overall chaos list, and they had only cursory mini support, but were just an allied force. the cd's got a list of their own only after marauder miniatures went wild on them at one point and produced a substantial (and still widely acknowledged as one of the best and most interesting ever, someday i will own them all!) line of them in the late 80's...

after the absorbtion of marauder into the citadel hive-mind, the cd's pretty much vanished for a while, until a new line emerged, shockingly, with the big hats and an entirely new and original fluff...

...now, the hapshet-hats era fluff really wasn't all that chaos-y... they had their own god, their own demons, their own everything, really.... and definitely no mutations, not random ones anyway... really, the cd's were more like the skaven from a cosmological standpoint, the warping influence of chaos powered their deviation, but it had its own identity...

but, the name "chaos dwarf" was already ingrained into the warhammer lexicon, and they were stuck with it...

i don't really follow warhammer anymore, but from what i hear the cd's have been tossed onto the rocks again, a rumored redesign of them, both the look and the fluff, may or may not be coming (i hear they'll really pump up the slave-master notion, their army being a handful of tuskies commanding hordes of green-skined slaves... lots of whips and chains, etc... no word on the hats).... but, this isn't coming soon, that's for certain... if at all... cd's are definitely the red-headed step-children of the warhammer world...

"dark dwarfs" would be far and away more appropriate...

...and i still miss marauder miniatures...

iron chef kosher
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

...and i still miss marauder miniatures...
U aint the only one.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Me too! I still have their Beastman regiment at home somewhere.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
jeffzimm1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jeffzimm1 »

Chaos Dwarves: I would prefer a little more detail in the racial characteristics side like in 2nd Ed. Dark Elves would have a big disadvantage if they played outside in daylight, I think the Chaos Dwarves should be included in that mix. What makes the races unique (and fun to play, imo) are their differences, strengths AND weaknesses. I always loved attributes, like "Smells really bad" or "Ugliness". Those attributes were about as much fun as the ones that "added" to a team. What's the whole point of playing chaos if you can control what you get.

My chaos dwarves are all the figs with the spiked helmets, even my WFB units.

"Never, NEVER, disturb a Minotaur while he's eating!"

Coach Tad Bloodthrasher after he tried to get his Starplayer to get his mind back on the game. (He was lucky. He only lost an arm).