What do people think?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

That would be a real psycho :wink:

Reason: ''
orcdom
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Hmmm

Post by orcdom »

PsychoNiko wrote:How about something a bit more radical (and entertaining):
A failed WA test (2+ or whatever) would cause the WA to behave like a ball and chain secret weapon only the scatter-template is used instead of the throw in template (either the WA could move it's full move in the direction shown by the template or the template could be used to determine each square of movement).
PsychoNiko

I like this alot,

use it as the penalty for failing the 2+ die roll. Whomever he hits, friend or foe, he blitzes. If you get a follow up then follow the rules for frenzy as normal, then his move ends.
It is risk for both people and really unless he has the mino surrounded by his own players he most likely wont hit them.

I like also the idea as well where someone mentioned about the ball, if he fails the roll and has the ball he should drop it, but i dont think that ought to be a turnover with him having to move first due to the WA skill.

If he would randomly move to the square where the ball is he should just make the ball scatter 1 square and not be allowed to pick it up, then continue his random move.

Steve

lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

There is certainly something to be said for Wild Animals to be slavering beasts that live in an enraged state of bloodlust, uncontrollably charging anything that moves (or don't!), but I'm going to suggest something based on the description, rather than having them use blitz actions and cause turn overs. Also, I do not like the idea of them having to act first (or roll to act first) each turn. That's a tad overly restrictive.

"Wild Animals are uncontrollable creatures that rarely do exactly what a coach wants of them..."

Requires die roll. :)

"In fact, just about all you can really rely on them to do is lash out at opposing players that move too close to them!"

Ok, so we want them to some level of "forced hits" perhaps...

"... the Wild Animal does not move and roars in rage instead, and the Action is wasted."

Purposely left out the die results, as I'm about to suggest replacements.

So, how about this as an alternative?

Wild Animal (Extraordinary)
Wild Animals are uncontrollable creatures that rarely do exactly what a coach wants of them. In fact, just about all you can really rely on them to do is lash out at opposing players, or sometimes friendly players, that move too close to them. To represent this, immediately after declaring an Action with a Wild Animal, roll a D6, adding 2 to the roll if taking a Block or Blitz Action. On a 2-3, the Wild Animal will block or foul a player in his tackle zone, in the following order of preference: 1) A standing opposing player, 2) a prone opposing player, 3) a standing friendly player, 4) a prone friendly player. All normal blocking and fouling rules apply. On a roll of 1, the Wild Animal does not move and roars in rage and frustration instead, gaining the skill "Foul Appearance" until his next activation due to the fear that he causes, and his Action is wasted.

This makes him unpredictable, and could result in an attack against a friendly player, but would only cause a turn over if a knock down or worse occurs, or if the beast rolls doubles on a foul. In the case of a 1, capitalize on the whole "roars in rage" issue, and make other players fear to go near him (e.g., they have to roll to throw blocks against him).

Makes him not *insanely* dangerous. Makes him different than Bone Head or Really Stupid. Keeps him unpredictable. Doesn't automatically force you to blitz, drop the ball, or otherwise do a turn over *just* because he failed.

Just some thoughts.

J

alternat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by alternat »

lerchey wrote:There is certainly something to be said for Wild Animals to be slavering beasts that live in an enraged state of bloodlust, uncontrollably charging anything that moves (or don't!), but I'm going to suggest something based on the description, rather than having them use blitz actions and cause turn overs. Also, I do not like the idea of them having to act first (or roll to act first) each turn. That's a tad overly restrictive.
I fear you missed some important update in the rules, on your way to today...

first of all, Wild Animals don't have to act first anymore, and furthermore they don't even lose their tackle zone when they fail their nega-trait roll...
better download the last rulebook and give it a good reading.

Daefaroth
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daefaroth »

I think the confusion comes from the fact that this is a resurected thread that is almost 4 years dead.

Best to leave sleeping LRB 4 posts lie....

-Daefaroth

This signature says something else when you are not looking at it.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Daefaroth wrote:Best to leave sleeping LRB 4 posts lie....
LRB4?? This is more like LRB 2 or 3. :o

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Thread closed! :zzz:

lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

Face it. I'm always confused.
I really wish that the threads had an LRB version number on them.

This is like the 5th time that I've responded to something thinking that it was vaguely relevent and found that it was a discussion from LBR far < 5. :)

Sorry 'bout that.

J

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Perhaps checking the date of the last post before posting might help?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

Darkson wrote:Perhaps checking the date of the last post before posting might help?
Darkson, you could have given him the date that LRB 5 post started showing up. I would but I don't know it.

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.