Shadowing.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

Shadowing is a usefull skill if you have a good movement ( 6+ ) but the combo with tackle is a must.

Reason: ''
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I'd like to thank Anthony for proving that there's some sort of curse around the texts written by GW. Not only did he quote a skill description, but he added a typo! :smile:

-Chet

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Hahaha that is more likely due to my terrible keyboarding skills. :wink:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i have to skaven lineRat with block and tacle, next skill will be shadow for both of them.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

My Mummy with Block, Tackle, Diving Tackle is causing Galak a few problems, too bad shadowing wouldn't work (MA3)

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

V_uk what about Piling on with your mummy :wink: ?

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Funnily enough, we have a Mighty Blow, Regen, Block, Tackle, Diving Tackle, Piling On Mummy, currently on 19 cas.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

It is my next skill, If I get the choice.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Yes but better to have Jump Up :evil: with Piling on :evil:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trambi on 2002-02-26 15:37 ]</font>

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Can't take Jump Up in 2k1, it's an agility TRAIT.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Snif :sad: :sad: :sad:
I have to read seriously the 2k1 rules. :smile:

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Shadowing fan.

Post by Marcus »

I regularly use shadowing on my gutter runners. Block, Dodge, Shadow is a standard combo for my non-double-rolling GRs.

Last league game I stood a shadowing player next to a prone Star Orc Thrower (5 4 4 8) then knocked him down with a linerat blitz, getting a pow/skull and dropping both of us.

The subsequent shadowing meant that not only was it virtually impossible to get away from my GRs TZ, he couldn't get to closer pass range and couldn't get out of the radius of my foul appearance linerat who was hanging about for just such an occassion.

He ended up declining the pass.

Marcus

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

that's a good idea, i always play my gunters for counter play, and putting the most tacle zone (if i dont put him down) and the ball carrier.
i will take it soon.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I regularly use shadowing on my gutter runners. Block, Dodge, Shadow is a standard combo for my non-double-rolling GRs.

Like Marcus, I made my receivers into defensive players. I gave Pass Block to my Amazon Catchers. This gave me one player with MA+1, Pass Block, and Block, and another with Pass Block and Nerves of Steel. The skill got one of my players seriously injured the first time I tried to use it, but it worked probably 6-8 times in a dozen games. And when it worked, the other team suffered a turnover.

I imagine Marcus doesn't spend much time receiving. Neither do I; it's why I aim for defensive players. I figure my offense takes care of itself.

-Chet

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

With the rule change (can shadow on equal rolls), Shadowing is a very useful skill... but only on a player with 7 plus movement - since normally the opponent's dodgers are fast moving catchers.

In MBBL2, my 2 rookie Ninjas (8347 Dodge, Side Step and Shadowing) caused my opponent several problems. If you put one next to the ball it is very difficult to get the ball... block him and fail to get him down he just goes next to the ball again. If you pick the ball up, you are at -1 then I shadow all the way.

Also, my opponent lost his blitz on one turn since he had to dodge past one of my Ninjas.... his 6 move vampire couldn't shake the tail and after one dodge he gave up.

Aside from this, for my Norse team I have given one of my lineman with +1 Move Shadowing. To date he hasn't been that useful (shadowing Gutters is a problem!). However, when he gets Tackle.......

Finally, I agree with Chet's post. Defensive skills are often overlooked. If you have the following skills on your team, your opponent is going to hate you (yeah its a long list but if you really want to be defensive, I think you can get all these skills on a team with circa 160 TR)! 8)

Kick
Shadowing
Tackle
Pass Block
Stand Firm
Side Step
Guard
Diving Tackle
Strip Ball

Dave