Throw team mate

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

It does say there is no fumble, though. Some clarification would be ideal at this point. I wonder why I never thought of this.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No clarification needed - TTM is not throwing the ball. And as Jural said, show me the rules about a BG holding the player for a turn.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Darkson wrote:And as Jural said, show me the rules about a BG holding the player for a turn.
page 57...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Special play card...?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Wanchor wrote:It does say there is no fumble, though. Some clarification would be ideal at this point. I wonder why I never thought of this.
We never thought of it because you are holding a PLAYER ... not a ball.

LRB 6.0 will make sure to say fumble of a ball

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Page 57, in my rulebook, is a part of the teamlists....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Galak- what abuses would occur if ALL the passing skills applied to TTM, with no exceptions? I guess the question only applied to Hail Mary Pass and Safe Throw... Still, I'd be fine if a player wasted a doubles roll on those skills to throw stunties around (maybe not orcs...)!

Not a call for a LRB 6 addition (see your sig) but I'm wondering if it was a balance issue or just an issue of suspending disbelief too much.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Grumbledook wrote:
Darkson wrote:And as Jural said, show me the rules about a BG holding the player for a turn.
page 57...
I don't see it.

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

Jural wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:
page 57...
I don't see it.
I don't either. closest is Option Play, but that just gives you dump-off and pass for a drive...a quick scan of all the other cards shows nothing about being able to carry a player that I saw (it was a quick scan, so I might have missed it)

-Xeterog
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Just to anyone who thinks it is obvious because they use the word "ball". Other skills clearly define it's use.

Hail Mary Pass (Passing)
The player may throw the BALL to any square on the playing pitch...This skill may not be used in a blizzard or with the Throw Team-Mate skill.

Dump-Off (Passing)
...allowing the player to get rid of the BALL before he is hit...Dump-
Off may not be used on the second block from an opponent with the
Frenzy skill or in conjunction with the Bombardier or Throw Team-Mate
skills.

Also:

Throw Team-Mate (Extraordinary)
...The pass is worked out EXACTLY the same as the player with Throw Team-Mate passing a BALL...

I really think it is clear the Safe Throw should work... Like said earlier if you waste a double on Safe Throw for an Ogre, why not?

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

GalakStarscraper - if you make the correction it should be in the Safe Throw Skill description as is stated in Dump-off and Hail Mary Pass.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

OK, so let;s say an Ogre has Safe Throw, and Safe Throw works with TTM. The ogre throws a goblin and rolls a 2 (which would be a fumble.) What happens?

Does the goblin get placed down in a random square around the Ogre? Does he get dropped in a random square and need to make a landing roll? Does the goblin remain in the Ogre's square (he is holding the goblin still?)

Safe Throw would need to be re-written to say what happens in that case :)

By the way, this could possibly be the strangest choice for an ogre, as Pass, Accurate, Pro, and Strong Arm would all be better choices...

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

To me it is obvious that the goblin is in the put back in the same square.

Imagine the Ogre picks up the goblin to throw him he would have fumbled but he is careful and places him down in the same square just as he would have been fumbled in the same square he occupied.

"A fumbled team-mate will land in the square he
originally occupied."

So Safe Throw just makes it so he lands safely.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

funnyfingers wrote:To me it is obvious that the goblin is in the put back in the same square.
Not to me - Safe Throw doesn't mention anything about putting the ball back in the square, so why is it obvious for TTM (which doesn't work with TTM anyway!).

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Throw team mate

Post by funnyfingers »

My main point is that other skills that can't be used with TTM clearly state that. Safe Throw the ball is where it started on a fumble, in your hand. So I think if Safe Throw were to work with TTM, the goblin would be where he started if a fumble were to occur, which would be in the spot that he started.

I mean, where else would he be put :)

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)