Strong Arm...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gronlokk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gronlokk »

Excuse me for reviving such an old thread, but as it really fits my problem I hope it's okay.
I don't seem to get what difference Strong Arm makes for throwing a team-mate and I don't quite understand the postings in this thread. Throwing your Team-Mate is always inaccurate and it is not possible to throw beyond short pass range. I always figured the d6 for throwing was only rolled to see if you fumble your team-mate (occurring on a natural 1). You could roll a natural 6 and it would not help the poor guy landing on his feet at all.
What good does Strong-Arm do for avoiding a fumble? Does it matter whether you throw a 'fling or Gobbo to a square in short range or quick range?

I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes. I'm afraid English is not my first language.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

When you throw to Short Range with a normal Big Guy ... you will fumble on a 1 or a 2 (due to the -1 penalty for throwing).

If you have Strong Arm than that +1 bonus for Short Range passes means the Big Guy will only fumble the Throw Team-mate pass on a 1.

So it cuts the fumbles by 50% to have Strong Arm.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Gronlokk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gronlokk »

I see, a 1 after modifications results in a fumble. Somehow I thought, only a 1 before modifications was a fumble... I guess this is another reason to buy the third re-roll for my ogres as soon as possible. That makes about ... 1000 reasons now :)
Thanks for the clarification!