Strong Arm...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mcsteed
Rookie
Rookie

Strong Arm...

Post by mcsteed »

Sorry if this has been answered loads of times...

In lrb 5, can you use Strong Arm with the Throw Team mate skill?

Reason: ''
Kragz89
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kragz89 »

I'm 99% sure.

I've been using it on my troll. Not been very effective thus far, but i've used it none the less ;)

dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

I would assume this is correct. Since Treeman have both skills automatically, and I do not see a treeman passing a football.

mcsteed
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mcsteed »

Yep, the trees kind of made me think you could too....cheers! :)

Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

YES.

Dump off is not allowed. Hail Mary Pass is not allowed. Safe throw and very long legs are worthless (no intercepts).

Other than that all skills apply. (Pass Blockers must put a tz on player throwing team mate, as intercepts are not allowed.)

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Mad Jackal wrote:(Pass Blockers must put a tz on player throwing team mate, as intercepts are not allowed.)
I think not - the skill description specifically states Ball or Bomb.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

Darkson wrote:
Mad Jackal wrote:(Pass Blockers must put a tz on player throwing team mate, as intercepts are not allowed.)
I think not - the skill description specifically states Ball or Bomb.
Yeah, ok. I forgot that bit.

What I really meant to say was . "the few skills that prohibit it specifically." :D

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
matsu hantakage
Rookie
Rookie

Post by matsu hantakage »

Its going to normally be inaccurate anyway with a -1 Modifier (assuming you are throwing at the max of Short Range, and you have the -1 for throwing a team mate). Sure you might have some tackle zones on the thrower, but that means that you only have a 1 in 3 chance of a Fumble (plus you can use a re-reroll).

Do people really thing Strong Arm is worth it for TTM? I run an Ogre team that throws Snotlings on a regular basis and have had no problems without it.

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

matsu hantakage wrote:Its going to normally be inaccurate anyway with a -1 Modifier.
In LRB 5, it's always inaccurate or a fumble..no chance at being accurate TTM.

Taking Strong arm reduces the chance of a fumble, so, yea, it would seem to be woth it..and it's a strength skill now, so big guys don't have to roll a double to get it.

-Xeterog
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

I don't think it's worth giving Strong Arm to a Big Guy. Most of the time it's not the throwing part but the landing part where things go wrong.

Most big guys are better of with Block when they are lucky enough to roll a double on a skill increase.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Da_Great_MC wrote:Most big guys are better of with Block when they are lucky enough to roll a double on a skill increase.
True, but seeing, as Gortex said, it's a ST skill now... :roll:

And I wish it was always the landing that went wrong for me. Never normally get that far.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Landings have been pretty good for me recently (if the troll is smart enough to pick up not eat and then throw the little fella), it was the landing next to an Ogre and throwing a suicidal 3 dice block against it with my Gobbo that proved near fatal!!! (Bruise Payne the Batgobbo came away from that with a broken jaw)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

For Trolls on a goblin team I'd think Guard & Break Tackle were more important but if you get lucky then a Pro/SA Troll would be good :D

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

Da_Great_MC wrote:I don't think it's worth giving Strong Arm to a Big Guy. Most of the time it's not the throwing part but the landing part where things go wrong.

Most big guys are better of with Block when they are lucky enough to roll a double on a skill increase.
I'll disagree with this. My (non standard) turtle team has large turtles (like Saurus, but way, way slow) and small turtles (like skinks, but MV 4) and the larger ones have TTM. My turtles *regularly* spike the small turtles into the turf at their feet by fumbling. Happens at least once per game. Minimum. And has caused CAS.

I now have one turtle with Strong Arm. That +1 to avoid fumbles helps tons!

Things still go wrong on landing, but at least that gets the little guy into the general area that I want him... :)

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Maybe it would be fun to allow Hail Mary Passes of halflings. They aren't winning, but I do like the idea of launching them up into the air and having them come down randomly.

If it would be too powerful, give them a -2 to landing. The image is just hilarious.

Obviously Dump-Off with halflings would be fun too (the player blitzing the tree gets a halfling thrown at him!)

Sorry, it's in the wrong section, but it sounds fun!