Shadowing multiple opponents with a single player

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Shadowing multiple opponents with a single player

Post by dwarfrunner »

Is it possible to use shadowing on mutiple opponents.

Lets say player A is in the tackle zone of two opposing players, one opposing player dodges away successfully beating the shadowing role, but the second attempts to do the same.

Can I use shadowing again on the second guy?

Reason: ''
clouds
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clouds »

From the rules:
A player may make any number of shadowing moves per turn.
I think this works even if you missed a shadowing roll on another player.

Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

I don't recall seeing anything in the skill write-up that limited the skill to marking just one opponent. If you wanted, you could have your shadower be dragged across the field if your opponent kept moving players adjacent to him and you kept making successful shadowing rolls.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

This may not be official, but I used exactly that for an annoying play:

My player was in TZ of one opponent player. He moved him away, I was shaodwing. He moved away, and I was shadowing once more. That put me in the TZ of his ballcarrier as he was moving next to him with the first player. On his third dodge, I chose not to shadow, reulsting in him dodging away succesfully. A little later the same turn he moved his ball carrier, and I attempted to shadow that guy.

Discussion flared up, but after reviewing the relevant pages in the LRB, all attendant coaches including the store owner and my opponent agredd, that by the wording of the skill this is legal, if highly clever (my opinion) and/or cheesy (oppo´s opinion).

This particular shadowing attempt went wrong, btw, so he got away from it anyway.

So, while this is in no way an official answer, at least five more or less sane BB coaches (oxymoron?) agreed, that you can do that. :)

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

I don't think this is cheesy. That was good tactics. What the heck was he thinking pulling your shadowing player next to the ball carrier? If there is one spot where you don't want a shadower to be, that's next to the ball carrier.

You can shadow as often as you want, and you can elect not to use a skill. Perfectly legit.

Good tactics on your part, bad tactics on his part.

Cramy
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Well, I am sure, he learned his lesson.
The thing is, it never occurred to us previously that a situation llike that might happen at all. Even I only realized what I could do the moment he pulled me into the ball carriers tackle zone.
Actually, I wanted to follow that other guy all the way until he'd fall prone (it was his blitz). Then, when I saw my player in the bc´s TZ, I just quit shadowing, because I thought "cool, so I can simply block him next turn, or have an assist already", which was my first intent to stop shadowing. And as he suddenly moved his bc away I thought, "hey, wait a second, why not shadow THAT guy now?".

So, it was purely conicidental and spontaneous and not necessarily tactical genius, but hey, I was happy with it. :)

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

Thats how I figured to use it, just keep shadowing any guy on the field. And with me being wood elves, I have a very good chance of succeeding my shadow cuz of my hi movement.

I cant knock people over, so I just hope to force them to fall doing some dodge or something.

Cant win to save my life, but its still fun playing wood elves.