Fan Favorite?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ole
Rookie
Rookie

Fan Favorite?

Post by Ole »

Hi
I've done a search for it but got no result!

What's the fan favorite skill all about?
How can I earn one?
Is it goining to be promoted or something?

just wondering?

cheers

ole

Reason: ''
jittle
Rookie
Rookie

Fan Favorite Skill

Post by jittle »

Fan Favorite is a special skill, that is awarded for winning tournaments, like the Spike! (LRB5.0 p.32). You could always set up your own house rules where a player with X SPPs could elect to take that as a skill or just make it a tournament prize for another league tournament.

kano
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kano »

It also used to only be officially held by the greatest star player of all time Thrud the Barbarian until he was forced into retirement in LRB5 due to circumstances beyond even nuffle's control. He is still house-ruled in many leagues including ours. He is a blast to play with....

FUMMBL: Kingwiththeax

LOA: The most recognized name in violence.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Fan Favorite Skill

Post by GalakStarscraper »

jittle wrote:Fan Favorite is a special skill, that is awarded for winning tournaments, like the Spike! (LRB5.0 p.32).
This is the correct answer to the question.

The player with the most SPPs in your league at the end of each season gains the Fan Favourite skill. If the same player ends the next season still with the most SPPs than no one else gets the skill. Once you earn the skill ... you do not lose it ... even if another player finishes a future season of your league with more SPPs.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ole
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ole »

kano wrote:It also used to only be officially held by the greatest star player of all time Thrud the Barbarian until he was forced into retirement in LRB5 due to circumstances beyond even nuffle's control. He is still house-ruled in many leagues including ours. He is a blast to play with....

I rembert a similar skill on Thrud in LRB4. But could not find him in LRB5.

Cheers Guys for the quick answerings!

Ole

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ole wrote:I rembert a similar skill on Thrud in LRB4. But could not find him in LRB5.
That's because he was due to be in LRB5 right up to the last minute, when he was unfortunately pulled due to GW losing the right to use the Thrud character.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Which is sad really. I dont think GW even had an official Thrud character so the only people profiting from the use were third party mini makers (who deserve the money )

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Bloodbasher Masher wrote:Which is sad really. I dont think GW even had an official Thrud character so the only people profiting from the use were third party mini makers (who deserve the money )
http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/bb/ ... _thrud.jpg