My Woodelve is mutating!

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

howlett wrote:Now, the next question... How can I agree with this mutation from the RPG-perspective.
Imo, you can't - the WD is blessed by the powers of Chaos, and given a mutation.
So, from a RPG based view, at best (for him), the WD would have to leave his woodland home and kin, and travel to the Chaos Wastes to live a life amongst the other mutated scum. At worst, he would be killed immediately by his fellow WE. The same goes for dwarfs, halflings, elves and humans (to a point) that have the "fortune" od winning the Chaos Cup.

But this game doesn't really care about the RPG view, so don't worry about it.

(Stupid tournament rules... :pissed: )

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

Darkson wrote:
howlett wrote:Now, the next question... How can I agree with this mutation from the RPG-perspective.
Imo, you can't - the WD is blessed by the powers of Chaos, and given a mutation.
So, from a RPG based view, at best (for him), the WD would have to leave his woodland home and kin, and travel to the Chaos Wastes to live a life amongst the other mutated scum. At worst, he would be killed immediately by his fellow WE. The same goes for dwarfs, halflings, elves and humans (to a point) that have the "fortune" od winning the Chaos Cup.

But this game doesn't really care about the RPG view, so don't worry about it.

(Stupid tournament rules... :pissed: )
Darkson can't even stop reading threads he's "banned" .. :wink:

I myself would just say that the appropriate God or Gods of Chaos that was/were responsible for blessing the winning team just watch over him and reincarnate him each time he "uses" regenerate. Or this player is now not un-like a Star Player who has his own personal staff

My view is that the Chaos Gods in thier infinite trickery have decided upon a new way to try to infiltrate the "Good Races" and destroy the "Good Teams" by placing an infiltrator. (Thus explaining why he doesn't go off to the wastes). This is just the first step towards getting them to accept the chaos, and soon the next step will be the allowing of beastmen to play on all teams.. etc etc. etc. It's an evil plan, and a long term one, but hey, what else do the Chaos Gods have to do ?

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:(Stupid tournament rules... :pissed: )
Keep hugging the LRB 4.0 DS. I personally love the Chaos Cup tournament rules.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

howlett wrote:
Tritex wrote: WD in the long game have a good chance of getting an AG or STR increase which is better than horns.
In this point i disagree as i think, that the chances to increase AG or STR are small.
You haven't seen Mad Jackal's teams then! :wink: Every single one of his Wardancers gets ST or AG early on. :roll:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak
Sorry to be lazy Galak but these are in LRB 5 yes? There was another post in General or somewhere from a Kazk89 or something similar who had this same situation on a Norse team. It's all new to me but I am very interested in learning more.

Page number in L5 or a link would be great.... ta.

TFF mod team
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

P.32 in the rulebook, P.34 in the PDF.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak
I do. For tourneys I can definetly tolerate LRB5, but for leagues? Urgh - no thanks. Luckily, we never play the "Majors" - hell, our teams are so obsure, we never even get the letter from the NAF imforming us where it's being held. :wink:
But if we did, and it was the Chaos Cup season (under LRB5), I'd either houserule back in the old LRB 4 CC tourney rules, run a team that deserves mutations (so any "chaotic" race using the old 2nd distinctions), or sit out the tourney if I was playing a "good" team.

I know fluff isn't the be all and end all of game design, but I feel this is one of those times when fluff has been unnecessarily trampled on for no good reason.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

From a RPG standpoint Regenerate is an unseen mutation, so there is no reason the Wardancer has to know he has changed. Perhaps all he is aware of is that he seems to heel faster then his teammates now. Could be the new performance enhancer he has been trying. And likewise there is no reason for his teammates to lynch him as all they have are strange suspicions about his new healing powers.

I agree with DS about the 'Major Tournament' rules. :puke:

ImageImage
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I'm with those two. It's a bad rule. :puke:

Have fun!
Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

GalakStarscraper wrote:

Galak
ST 3 Goblins with Horns and block
is the funnyest combination I had to play with my flings.

I love Chaos Cup as well (o:

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

What about long legs with the WD so Leaps are easier?