Most annoying skill?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

Grogmir wrote:(...some stuff about leap...)

Add that into the dodge role they have to make and well there just pushing there luck.
You don't have to dodge to leave a square when you leap.

Reason: ''
-Xeterog
Grogmir
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Grogmir »

You don't have to dodge to leave a square when you leap.
Sorry GorTex let me explain. They come up to you. Leap over (That's a 1in3 1in9 with RR) Then they are behind you but still in your tackle zone. They then try a dodge roll to get away from you.

Most times in my experience a leap is then followed by a dodge. That gives me a pretty good chance for a turnover.

Grogmir.

Spike Cup Reading 07 -- Runner Up, DE's. Damn you Lycos!
Conflict south 07 - Winner, Dark Elves.
Brighton BB league runner up 07 - DE's.
Brighton BB league runner up 06 - Dwarves
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

Well, being a wood elf coach at heart, I believe the leap is an essential asset in my playing style. Sure, the non-reroll agility check for the leap itself is quite risky, but the following dodge is rather negligible. As said before, you probably have at least Ag 4 and on top of that dodge as well (wardancer, anyone?). So, if you can take the leap, then can surely take the dodge.

HOWEVER: I usually still try to avoid the leap, as you are right, it does pose a serious risk of failure. Still, a well-used leap will open up so many opportunities, it is a must in any wood elf game plan and most other elves, too, IMHO.

[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.