Most annoying skill?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

GorTex wrote:
Joemanji wrote:In PBem, Pass Block is a right bugger, as it means you have to save the file mid turn and send it to your opponent. :-?
Not in the MBBL at least, as it is automated (you can pick ahead of time if you want, but if you don't tough luck)...
That's Side Step ... I said Pass Block. :wink:

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

I'm going senile in my old age (42 isn't supposed to be old is it???)...says Pass Block..I quoted pass block...I read Pass Block...my mind just told me it was Side Step.

oops.

-Xeterog
clouds
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clouds »

disturbing presence.....kills the passing play
and side step....just to say like everyone else :lol:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

After playing against Dark Elf Assassins I've changed my mind to STAB... freakin' explicatives deleted!!!!!!!!! It's like a crowd push/foul/secret weapon without the deficits.... At least a fouler might get caught; and a secret weapon only gets one drive... with two assassins on the field today it was 32 stabs!!!!!!!!!! Spent a lot of time men down because of stuns... and one player got totally scragged.... At least with most other skills you DO have to knock a player down to get the benefit....

Won the game on daring plays... but spent more time being irritated than anything....

Scrag the skill is my vote....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:After playing against Dark Elf Assassins I've changed my mind to STAB...
Really? I think stab is great because it devotes a lot of TV towards a player who either a) squishes very easily and b) has to stay out of the battle at the LOS due to being a weakling.

Regarding all the votes for sidestep, I guess it makes me appreciate snotlings a tiny bit more.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

Side Step. Definitely. Especially as most side-step-players have got block and dodge too.
Stab is a weak ability, as you have to use a block action (so not moving or waste the blitz) and roll over the opponents armour to do him anything. I've by now succeeded 5 times in 5 games to beat the opponents arnour with my assassin this season...

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Most annoying skill is the one I process, the one that let's my opponents roll 5s and 6s for fun when playing me. :evil:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Storch
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Storch »

I'm going to have to go with Leap.
It is only taken (in my are at least) by AG4 and AG5 players meaning that you basically need to keep your entire team back so that you can surround him 2 deep (which you can' tactually do. So it's just impossible to stop. Basically, anyone who can Leap effectively will also have no problem dodging out after the leap and probably moves enough that after the lep he will score.

The fact that there is almost nothing most teams can do about it makes is the most annoying in my book.

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

If your opponent has side-step you remember (unless your memory is suffering from old age ;) ). It's the skills that get used rarely, like pass-block or disturbing pressence, the combo is so annoying you will remember.

Nuffle Sucks!
datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:After playing against Dark Elf Assassins I've changed my mind to STAB... freakin' explicatives deleted!!!!!!!!! It's like a crowd push/foul/secret weapon without the deficits.... At least a fouler might get caught; and a secret weapon only gets one drive... with two assassins on the field today it was 32 stabs!!!!!!!!!! Spent a lot of time men down because of stuns... and one player got totally scragged.... At least with most other skills you DO have to knock a player down to get the benefit....
Won the game on daring plays... but spent more time being irritated than anything....
Sidestep is the most irritating. Stab's my favorite skill though! :P

Robotorz
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Robotorz »

ill change my vote to leap and wrestle in combination.

stupid wardancer leaped into the cage, wrestled down my runner on a 2dice block my choice and ball bounced to dwarf-blocker, who couldnt catch bounced one more square.

NoS Catcher got the ball and hail marryed into my end zone.

FFS I was 4 squares from the endzone on MY turn 4.

I hope you all enjoyed the crispy version of me.
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

I'd vote for stand firm, not something you see often, but a so and so when all you need is a pushback.

Besters

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:After playing against Dark Elf Assassins I've changed my mind to STAB... freakin' explicatives deleted!!!!!!!!! It's like a crowd push/foul/secret weapon without the deficits.... At least a fouler might get caught; and a secret weapon only gets one drive... with two assassins on the field today it was 32 stabs!!!!!!!!!! Spent a lot of time men down because of stuns... and one player got totally scragged.... At least with most other skills you DO have to knock a player down to get the benefit....

I seriously doubt you took anywhere near 32 stabs, and if you did, you have only yourself to blame. To leave yourself next to both assassins after every play, so they didn't have to blitz you or anything, is kinda silly. Block them and don't follow. Dodge away if you have the AG. Don't give them free stabs on you every turn.

It's not a very good ability. I've had one on my dark elf team from the outset, and in 10 games he's averaged about 2-3 successful stabs a game. We even played halflings once and he didn't succeed on a single attempt! It's not that great a skill, and assassins gain SPP very slowly, so they aren't all that effective generally. I gave mine side step to help with maintaining contact when people block him, and to also help with shadowing as well. He's still not that great.

Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Storch »

Wow, 2-3 successful stabs? That's pretty impressive. On the kickoff, the local dark elf player usually uses the assasin to pick up the ball and get the quick SPP for the quick pass. Net turn he will use the stab if the Assassin hasn't already been knocked on his ass. If he does get to make the stab, the assassin will spend the rest of the drive getting his head kicked in. If he's lucky, he hasn't ended up in the injured box and will get to repeat it again next drive.

Grogmir
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Grogmir »

Side Step. The way it also works when the are knockdown as well. Grrrr.

Playing a dwarven team as I do, I've seen a few people get annoyed with Thick Skull LOL.

And I don't mind Leap at all, in fact I love it when players start leaping.
Why? Well most players have agility 4. That's a 1 in 3 chance to go wrong, a 1 in 9 to go REALLY WRONG! Plus there's no 'free' re-roll.
Add that into the dodge role they have to make and well there just pushing there luck.

Well that's my two pennys.

Grogmir

Spike Cup Reading 07 -- Runner Up, DE's. Damn you Lycos!
Conflict south 07 - Winner, Dark Elves.
Brighton BB league runner up 07 - DE's.
Brighton BB league runner up 06 - Dwarves