LRB 5.0 Dauntless + Horns

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

LRB 5.0 Dauntless + Horns

Post by Fronko »

Hi there!

Remembering from 4.0, having both Horns and Dauntless allowed the two to stack, i.e. you rolled for Dauntless first, and than added Horns on top.

In the 5.0 skill description, it states, that dauntless roll happens before assists, but after all other modifications. So, to me it seems, that now you add the horns bonus, before rolling for dauntless (which, seeing as dauntless now can be acquired on a normal roll, seems to make sense).

Am I right, or is there something I have overlooked?

Reason: ''
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

You are correct. Horms makes the Dauntless roll easier as your Strength is increased, but you no longer have the option of getting a 2D block on your own.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yeah, but a 1d block still favors the offense, especially if you have block....

Hmmm, Beastman w/(horns), block and dauntless vs an Ogre.... That's a butt whoopin in a can brother! Just don't roll a "1" (like that ever happens... :-? )

Just as an aside... I'm always lookin for a way to achieve my goals using a push, as opposed to relying on a knock-down.... That way, barring stand firm or sidestep, I have a 5 in 6 chance of success! Just a thought....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Omalley69
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Omalley69 »

hmm a dauntless, claws combo whould do better against an dude with AV 9...

adding mighty blow for helping on the injury table...dahm thick skull lol

When life knocks you down, fouling is emminent!

Dont feel titchy, throw that feeling away!

datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

Omalley69 wrote:hmm a dauntless, claws combo whould do better against an dude with AV 9...

adding mighty blow for helping on the injury table...dahm thick skull lol
Better to have block with dauntless vs. an Ogre as most Ogres don't have block. You have 50% chance of a knockdown with block vs. 33%. Claws won't do you much good if you can't know him down.