Standing up after fend?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Standing up after fend?

Post by Fronko »

Hi everyone.

Thought just crossed my mind: Say, I am blitzing a guy, who happens to have wrestle. Dice come up with a both down result, so he picks to wrestle me down. Assuming, I have enough movement left, can I spend three to get up and continue moving?

I skimmed through the rules and didnt find anything prohibiting me from doing so ... :oops:

Reason: ''
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img]

Official wesleytj fan.
Ogre Marauder
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Ogre Marauder »

I think this has been discussed before, and you can only get up at the start of your movement - so being wrestled to the ground brings an end to the Blitz.

BFN

Paul

Once again Mo's Marauders clear the field. Can anyone stop them? This reporter doesn't think so!

If you thought the Coffin Dodgers were bad... Wait until you meet the Coffin Dodgers: Muerte Nuevo...
dwarfrunner
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dwarfrunner »

There are two reasons that is not possible.

1) As Ogre Marauder mentioned, you can only stand up at the BEGINNING of your turn, with the three movement penalty.

2) Any time a player is knocked over, his action is ended. So once he blitzes and is wrestled to the ground, his turn is over.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

dwarfrunner wrote:2) Any time a player is knocked over, his action is ended. So once he blitzes and is wrestled to the ground, his turn is over.
Correct, but just to be pendantic, if you're wrestled, you're placed prone, not knocked over. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Kheldar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Kheldar »

Darkson wrote:
dwarfrunner wrote:2) Any time a player is knocked over, his action is ended. So once he blitzes and is wrestled to the ground, his turn is over.
Correct, but just to be pendantic, if you're wrestled, you're placed prone, not knocked over. ;)
The turn only ends, if he had the ball.

David Bergkvist
Star Player
Star Player

Post by David Bergkvist »

As others have said, the player is not knocked down, just placed prone. When a player is placed prone, his action continues as normal. It's just that since there's nothing for the player to do when he's prone, the coach chooses to end player's action immidately after the player is placed prone.

Or is there an explicit rule that state that once a player is placed prone, his action ends? If so, that rule is redundant.

Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Fronko »

So, it is not possible for the lone reason that standing up is only allowed at the very beginning of the players action, correct?

Hmm, ok, must have missed that one. Dang! Thanks for the replies anyways, guys!

Official wesleytj fan.
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Fronko wrote:So, it is not possible for the lone reason that standing up is only allowed at the very beginning of the players action, correct?
yep!

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Fronko, don't know if anybody's told you this but your SP avatar bears a huge resemblance to Keith Lemon

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

Fronko wrote:So, it is not possible for the lone reason that standing up is only allowed at the very beginning of the players action, correct?

Hmm, ok, must have missed that one. Dang! Thanks for the replies anyways, guys!
Fronko.

It is the same reason as why you can not get up after Piling On too.
(Just in case you missed that.)

also. The thread subject asks about Fend.. we are talking wrestle here yes ?

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
Fronko
Super Star
Super Star

Standing up after wrestle?

Post by Fronko »

@buggrit: Uh. No, I havent been told before. Not sure if I should be too happy about it. :)

@jackal: Yeah, same thing, I guess. Thanks for pointingg that out. ANd yes, I meant wrestle, I tend to mix the two names up quite a lot.

Official wesleytj fan.
kharnagex
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kharnagex »

So the same thing goes for piling on then I assume?

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kharnage.png[/img][/url]
Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

kharnagex wrote:So the same thing goes for piling on then I assume?
Mad Jackal wrote:It is the same reason as why you can not get up after Piling On too.
(Just in case you missed that.)
You may only stand at the beginning of your action in the LRB5.0

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
Meradanis
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Meradanis »

@kharnagex: Did you actually read the thread ? ;)

Your question has been answered in the two postings above yours, so yes. same thing for piling on.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

EDIT: My bad, I was skimming :oops:

So... not to be rude... but what does any of this have to do with fend?

Just curious...