Ball carrier fails a Really Stupid roll

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Ball carrier fails a Really Stupid roll

Post by Joemanji »

In our current PBeM game, Mad Jackal hands off to his Wardancer who has RS because of a special play card. The player catches the ball, but then fails his RS roll. Does he drop the ball? Is this a turnover? The skill description doesn't seem to say so...
Really Stupid (Extraordinary)
This player is without doubt one of the dimmest creatures to ever take to a Blood Bowl pitch (which considering the IQ of most other players, is really saying something!). Because of this you must roll a D6 immediately after declaring an Action for the player, but before taking the Action. If there are one or more players from the same team standing adjacent to the Really Stupid player’s square, and who aren’t Really Stupid, then add 2 to the D6 roll. On a result of 1-3 they stand around trying to remember what it is they’re meant to be doing. The player can’t do anything for the turn, and the player’s team loses the declared Action for that turn (for example if a Really Stupid player declares a Blitz Action and fails the Really Stupid roll, then the team cannot declare another Blitz Action that turn). The player loses his tackle zones and may not catch, intercept or pass the ball, assist another player on a block or foul, or voluntarily move until he manages to roll a successful result for a Really Stupid roll at the start of a future Action or the drive ends.
Our reading of the description above would suggest that he neither drops the ball nor is it a turnover ... but that just seems wrong. :?

Joe

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Andrew from Cheadle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Andrew from Cheadle »

I'll quite happily be wrong but here goes...

I didn't think catch was an action, therefore the hand off is an action by player handing the ball off...not the wardancer, who can catch without having to do a really stupid roll. No dropping the ball no turnover etc.

It is better to keep quiet and have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Sorry, to clarify ...

After the catch, the coach activated the Wardancer for a Move action, thus triggering the RS roll.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

There's nothing in there about him dropping the ball so I'd rule that he keeps it. He's a sitting duck with the ball.

Have fun!
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Yeah I'm leaning that way myself. :-? So obviously not a turnover either.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Joemanji wrote:Yeah I'm leaning that way myself. :-? So obviously not a turnover either.
Doesn't drop the ball ... not a turnover.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Cool ... cheers Tom. :)