Norse passer

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Norse passer

Post by datalorex »

I rolled a 10 on my young Norse team for my Passer. I took the armor +1. Was I wrong in that? Should I have taken +1 MV or Accurate instead?

Reason: ''
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

I guess it depends on how you play. I hardly ever move my passers into position where they get "stuck in" and I like to play with speed on offence so I would have opted for the +1 MV. If the 10 was a doubles roll, it would be hard to resist taking Strong Arm.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

It wasn't a double's roll. Otherwise, I might agree with you. I am so paranoid over the 7 armor. That's why I chose the 8 armor. Going from 7 AV to 8 AV means going from 40% chance of armor being broken to 26%. That seemed more important to me. I don't mind getting my passer dirty.

What would have been the advantage of going from 6 MV to 7MV?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

datalorex wrote:I don't mind getting my passer dirty.
Famous last words... The Lizzie Bordens will be testin' that assumption out in our rematch! :lol:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

datalorex wrote:It wasn't a double's roll. Otherwise, I might agree with you. I am so paranoid over the 7 armor. That's why I chose the 8 armor. Going from 7 AV to 8 AV means going from 40% chance of armor being broken to 26%. That seemed more important to me. I don't mind getting my passer dirty.

What would have been the advantage of going from 6 MV to 7MV?
+MA is a big advantage on any ball carrier - you can get to the kick off more easily, and then run into the cage and into score faster. In particular it means the "one back" offensive set up is less likely to cause problems than otherwise would be the case on a MA6 team.

Imagine this scenario - the kick off ends up in one of the corners and your thrower is central. So you run back to the ball, pick it up and then run forward to the LOS where you throw to one of your receivers to score. That is 3 turns of movement for the thrower - every turn you can move an extra square - so you've just reduced the range by pretty much a whole band.

If you are worried about Av7 you are playing the wrong team :D

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

I would have taken the +ma over the strong arm in case of a doubles as well. MA is more usefull, it will often reduce passing ranges but can be used for everything besides that as well, strong arm is only good for passing the ball.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

datalorex wrote: I am so paranoid over the 7 armor.
I guess that's the thing: I consider AV7 players to be pretty fungible. They will die and I'll just buy a replacement which is relatively cheap compared to high AV teams. I'd much rather that an AV 7 player helps me win some games instead of me turning him into something he's not (a blocker), hence the +1 MV or offensive skill preference.

Plus, it's always nice if the first skill you get a player can do something to help him gain further SPP's (i.e. might blow for blockers, ball control and movement skills for your throwers and runners, etc.) If an AV7 player gets the chance to goto AV8 after he's already amassed a few skill combos and proven useful to the way I play the team, I might consider the AV upgrade then.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd have considered the (non-doubles) +AV on a Blitzer or Runner, and maybe on a lino with Guard, but not the thrower.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

I hear what everyone says about MV. I guess I was thinking AV would keep him around longer, but I plan on buying a second Thrower anyway, so maybe I'll make him my offensive threat. They are pretty cheap afterall.