Beast of Nurgle + Mutations

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Lemur wrote:I would take all M access from the nurgle team anyway....

That and I prefer the good old sinister and cool chaos instead of the freakshow version of it. :P
Imho, Mutations shouldn't be given on any team without (at least) doubles....
Cramy wrote:I've played against well coached Nurgle teams, and they are a nightmare to play against. They don't need a boost.
U betcha Arse! Anybody with a particle of brains creates a team of Disturbing Presence/Foul Appearence/Claws abberations.... 17% of the time your opponent will fail to Block/Blitz.... Easy-peasy with the current Nurgle roster.... And DistPrez shuts down the passing game since it adds to itself AND works even when downed....

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Gotten
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gotten »

The reason mutations is now much more common is that it's that it is not as dangerous as it was in lrb4 and earlier. Also do not overvalue foul appearance and disturbing presence on this team, while 5 players have it from the start all five of them are very expensive and not very mobile.

Also, if you fail 17% of your blitzes vs FA you'r doing something wrong. Targeting Key players with worse armor and no FA will win you the game far more often.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

:roll: Please... the first rotter you get skilled you put Foul Appearence on and protect as normal, making him your ball carrier.... The others you put foul appearence on and... literally... statistically... you will lose your block/blitz on these players 17% of the time NO MATTER WHAT AND/OR HOW YOU COACH/PLAY.... :roll:

It's like a reverse bonehead of sorts....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I still believe that the Rotters should lose M access... (M on doubles)

Should be

Non Doubles
Chaos (whole Team)
Underworld (Whole team)
Skaven Linemen
Nurgle Pests & warriors
Chaos Pact Marauders & Renagades

Doubles
Chaos Dwarves & CD Minotaur
Nurgle Beast & rotters
Skaven GR/Blitzer/Thrower/RO
Chaos Pact Big guys

Oh, and Give Marauders Animosity!

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Digger Goreman wrote::roll: Please... the first rotter you get skilled you put Foul Appearence on and protect as normal, making him your ball carrier.... The others you put foul appearence on and... literally... statistically... you will lose your block/blitz on these players 17% of the time NO MATTER WHAT AND/OR HOW YOU COACH/PLAY.... :roll:

Why would you give every rotter foul appearance 1st? Block does a better job of protecting them and improves their ability to hurt the other team first?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Gotten
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gotten »

Digger Goreman wrote::roll: Please... the first rotter you get skilled you put Foul Appearence on and protect as normal, making him your ball carrier.... The others you put foul appearence on and... literally... statistically... you will lose your block/blitz on these players 17% of the time NO MATTER WHAT AND/OR HOW YOU COACH/PLAY.... :roll:
As Ian said, ever heard of Block, Dirty player, Tackle, claw? all of these are good skills that many players will take over foul appearance.

Well to be fair claw or tackle is not my favorites as the first skill but after block it works fine. Also...I cant see why I would make a Rotter into a ball carrier when I got pestigors on the pitch.
bouf wrote:I still believe that the Rotters should lose M access... (M on doubles)
Well, if you want to see a big bunch of players with block, dirty player and tackle that's fine. (I can predict a vast increase of dirty players in nurgle teams) But then they will get better in some other way... maybe they will lose decay!? :O
bouf wrote: Oh, and Give Marauders Animosity!
I havent played with or vs a chaos pact team myself yet so cant comment on balancing issues....but I think that you are letting the chaos hating part of yourself take control...

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

Gotten wrote:
bouf wrote: Oh, and Give Marauders Animosity!
I havent played with or vs a chaos pact team myself yet so cant comment on balancing issues....but I think that you are letting the chaos hating part of yourself take control...
Actually I really like Chaos teams :evil:

I just wish Mutations were "Special". And as far as Marauders... I just can't see why their team mates would hate them so much while they want to play nice??? :-?

:D "Why good morning Mr. Kool... Great day for a game, eh?"
:pissed: "Get away from me magot!"
:D "Well sure thing sir! Happy as always to help a team mate! Say, I think we play the Darkside Cowboys tonight. How will it feel to play against a team of your countrymen?"
:pissed: "What am I speaking here... FRENCH??? I told you to die in a fire! Now go play over there with the other monkeys"
:D "YES SIR, Man I love those Dark Elves... Oh! Good morning Mr. Squeak. Great day for a game, eh?"
:roll:

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

bouf wrote:I still believe that the Rotters should lose M access... (M on doubles)

Should be

Non Doubles
Chaos (whole Team)
Underworld (Whole team)
Skaven Linemen
Nurgle Pests & warriors
Chaos Pact Marauders & Renagades
Not wanting to hijack the thread (well maybe a little bit), but I think all the players on the Chaos Pact team should have Mutation access on normal roles.
It makes no sense (balance or fluff) to me that the Goblin, Dark Elf and Skaven have this but the Troll, Ogre and Minotaur don't. Especially as the Mino on the Chaos team mutates on normal rolls.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

ianwilliams wrote:

Why would you give every rotter foul appearance 1st? Block does a better job of protecting them and improves their ability to hurt the other team first?
Truth, Foul App is the second skill you take for the average Rotter. Block is the first (Sometimes Dirty Player or Kick). And you never make a Rotter the ball carrier if there is a single pestigor on the pitch, ever*.

Additionally, Foul App isn't all that. Sometimes it's amazing, sometimes it's rubbish and overpriced as it adds 20K to a players value but only works 1/6 or 1/36 times. I've played 6 matches with my current Nurgle team and I think Foul App has only worked about 3 times total.
16% of the time it forces the use of a reroll on a blitz against a key player. But, if your opponent is attacking Foul App players he deserves to lose - hitting Pestigors is how you win against Nurgle.

*excepting unusual circumstances.

prisma
Experienced
Experienced

Post by prisma »

PubBowler wrote: I think all the players on the Chaos Pact team should have Mutation access on normal roles.
It makes no sense (balance or fluff) to me that the Goblin, Dark Elf and Skaven have this but the Troll, Ogre and Minotaur don't.
Agree. Would make them frighteningly bashy with all those bigguys with claws and maybe tentacles...
but...
I'd like that a lot :smoking: and the team is a little weak the way it is now.

Gotten
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gotten »

prisma wrote:
PubBowler wrote: I think all the players on the Chaos Pact team should have Mutation access on normal roles.
It makes no sense (balance or fluff) to me that the Goblin, Dark Elf and Skaven have this but the Troll, Ogre and Minotaur don't.
Agree. Would make them frighteningly bashy with all those bigguys with claws and maybe tentacles...
but...
I'd like that a lot :smoking: and the team is a little weak the way it is now.
As said by Galak before if I remember right this was done for balancing issues. Having 3 BG in a team with Str+Mutation access would be the old khemri mistake again.
Just that instead of a team with 4 str5 mummies with mighty blow and block you would have 3 guys with mighty blow and claw.