Beast of Nurgle + Mutations

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Beast of Nurgle + Mutations

Post by Podfrey »

I've just noticed this one - Beast of Nurgle cannot gain Mutations except on a double. With even the 40k Rotters getting access to Mutations as standard (and indeed the rest of the team) is this not a little incongrous? Also the Chaos team Minotaur (and the rest of their team) are allowed Mutations as standard.

Anyone?

:?:

Reason: ''
zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

Hey Bull Centaurs get not mutation access. The beast is almost Nurgles perfect lapdog. It doesn't need to mutate much to meet its masters perfect image.

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Nurgle is a better team than Chaos, the Beast of Nurgle in particular is an amazingly good big guy, up there alongside the Snow Troll and Kroxigor. Nurgle just don't need a Beast with mutation access on normal rolls.

Of course, if they did get one. I wouldn't complain, "hello Claw and Prehensile Tail." :lol:

zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

fen wrote:Nurgle is a better team than Chaos, the Beast of Nurgle in particular is an amazingly good big guy, up there alongside the Snow Troll and Kroxigor. Nurgle just don't need a Beast with mutation access on normal rolls.

Of course, if they did get one. I wouldn't complain, "hello Claw and Prehensile Tail." :lol:
Well that is the answer if you want less Fluff. Give us that answer in Fluff. :wink:

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

fluff? FLUFF? Image to fluff! :lol:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

ROFLMAO

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

fen wrote:fluff? FLUFF? Image to fluff! :lol:
AMEN brother!

Have fun!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Snew wrote:
fen wrote:fluff? FLUFF? Image to fluff! :lol:
AMEN brother!
Seconded

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yep, I've completely changed my stance of fluff now.
I'm taking a team of Space Marines to the BB, using the Orc roster.
Seeing as fluff is soooooooooo bad, I dare anyone to complain.

:roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Father911
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Father911 »

Nobody is saying fluff is a bad thing (I still have my panties in a bunch about Hubris playing for the pro elves :evil: ) just a draconian adherence to it when the rules work better if it is changed.

Post by Podfrey »

If the Nurgle team is challenging to use in its current incarnation (p.59, LRB 5.0) then wouldn't it have made sense to give it a little boost by allowing the Beast to have Mutation access as normal?

I'm looking at it from a gaming perspective, prompted by the observation that everyone else in the team (and in the Chaos team) can get Mutations as normal. If the Chaos team's Minotaur couldn't get them as normal then this would be fine as a "game rule" as the Skaven Rat Ogre and CD Minotaur need doubles, but seeing as how the other Chaos "big guy" can then it leaves me asking the question.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

lucifer wrote:If the Nurgle team is challenging to use in its current incarnation (p.59, LRB 5.0) then wouldn't it have made sense to give it a little boost by allowing the Beast to have Mutation access as normal?
To be honest ... Nurgle has shown in playtesting to be pretty darn good. Remember Challenging DOES NOT mean it loses a lot. The Dark Elf team is on that list as well.

It means the tactics and strategies are not for a beginning player (and in fact page 59 does say it lists the teams for two reasons (either challenging strategies or they lose a lot)).

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Galak, that's exactly what I'm talking about. If it needs complex strategies to be competetive then why not consider giving the Beast Mutations access as normal, putting it back in Tier 1 and giving a wider scope of players another genuinely competetive team.

I hardly think that all the "top" coaches would suddenly jump on the Rotters bandwagon and we see Rotters winning every event, BUT it may allow more people to get a little further with Rotters and therefore widen the choice of non-gimmick teams players can take (and still remain competetive).

Just food for thought.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

lucifer wrote:Galak, that's exactly what I'm talking about. If it needs complex strategies to be competetive then why not consider giving the Beast Mutations access as normal, putting it back in Tier 1 and giving a wider scope of players another genuinely competetive team.
Again ... you misunderstand.

The team is already very Tier 1. Its doesn't need improved. Its just not a team a starting player picks up and should start playing with as it isn't a beginner's team. Doesn't mean it isn't solidly Tier 1 ... again Dark Elves are the same ... very Tier 1 ... not a beginner's team ... does not need improved.

Galak

fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Just like Khemri! Once you know what you're doing with the team and have some experience and skills, it rocks the casbah. :lol: