Stabbing a chainsaw chap

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Stabbing a chainsaw chap

Post by Aliboon »

What would happen if my assassin was to break the armour of a chainsaw wielder? I take it you just roll the one injury roll, i.e. you don't roll the 1st injury from the stab, roll the armour again with the +3 from the chainsaw guy falling on his saw and then if that breaks armour, roll for injury again?

Reason: ''
da_crusher
Rookie
Rookie

Post by da_crusher »

You would only make one armour roll. But this would be an unmodified roll.
LRB 5.0 Chainsaw Skill
...so if a player holding a chainsaw is Knocked Down for any reason, the opposing coach is allowed to add 3 to his Armour...
There is no wording in the Stab skill, that the player is Knocked Down by a successfull stab. Knocking Down someone is something done before the armour roll. But with stab you either break the armour and roll for an injury straight away or you don't and the player is left standing (next to your Assassinn btw).
You are trying to hit a player with a knife. If he is holding a chainsaw this doesn't make it easier to hit him.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Ok, thanks, what i thought. I suppose the same situation applies when you use a wrestler to get the chainsaw chap down. A Knock Down is a specific term and different from just the player going down, as per wrestle?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Aliboon wrote:A Knock Down is a specific term and different from just the player going down, as per wrestle?
Correct. The two terms are "placed prone" and "knocked down".

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Now, I firstly apologise for the necromancy but I did a search and found only a handful of threads that mention Wrestle and Chainsaw.

How much sense does that make?

I am holding a running chainsaw, a guy runs over and wrestles me to the floor, but I am neither hurt, nor hindered from getting back up to my feet next chance I get and all the while still holding the "RUNNING" chainsaw.

deniable plausability just went out the window.

there surely should be some modifier or penalty when this happens?

or is the chainsaw such a light machine in the BBverse that this doesn't matter. :?:

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Why use Wrestle on a Chainsaw guy?

Chainsaw starplayers don't have block so even a "both down" would be great even if a turnover just to get rid off the looney.

When it scomes to wrestle a chainsaw player BOTH should roll for armour becuse how do you wrestle a guy with a running chainsaw and not even be touched by the kling.

Rewrite and add this to the Wrestle skill:

If one of the two involved players have a chainsaw, then this skill can't be used and both are knocked over, rolling for injury for both.

Problem solved.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Use of Wrestle is optional anyway stashman. So if you choose to use Wrestle on a Chainsaw player ... its your own problem that he doesn't roll for armour.

And voyagers ... because of my above statement is why there is no extra text addressing this in the Wrestle skill.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Buggrit

Post by Buggrit »

With a skill like wrestle I'd assume from a fluff perspective that the guy with that skill is using a grappling takedown (ninjutsu style) tying up the opponents arms and taking their legs out from under them using a sacrificial technique so they both go down, thus avoiding any incoming blows that would normally be dealt by a blocking/blitzing player. He'd also be keeping any weapons (ie chainsaws) away from himself, and therefore also most likely keeping them away from the body of the person holding it... holding a chainsaw at arms length and falling over is one thing, holding it in front of you and falling on it is another entirely!!

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

voyagers_uk wrote:How much sense does that make?
About as much as rolling for intercept before seeing if the throws fumbled or not.
It's a game mechanic, so it doesn't have to make "sense".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

hmmmmm

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

I wouldn't mind the rule being re-written, but I don't think it needs to be. I mean, most teams have block players, use THEM to hit the chainsaw!

I mean, why is a block player more adept at hitting a chainsaw and staying on his feet? It seems like hitting a guy with a chainsaw is always going to be equally difficult :)

If you wanted to REALLY make it realistic, then chainsaw players should be immune to block and wrestle, and unable to have either skill as well.

But... I think the game is fine as it is.