Frenzy and "Double Down"... huh?!

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

reservoirelves wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote: 3) Stand Firm doesn't allow pushback
3b) Opponent can't use Stand Firm when you use Juggernaut, so you can push him.
You are correct ... was focusing on one part of the skill and spaced the other piece ... my bad.

Galak

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

I think it's no. but an interesting grey area. In practice I think it's irrelevant because the player on the other team would likely waive Stand Firm altogether if there was some advantageous reason to be pushed back and blocked again. However...

I believe the most straightforward ruling is: You choose once during each block die roll to use a skill (and all it entails).

So once you have chosen the both down result, you either elect to use Juggernaught or you don't. Using Juggernaught means Stand Firm is negated AND both down rolls are treated as pushbacks. Not using it means a Both down result is applied.

EDIT: The other gray area I was thinking of is using Stab and Dauntless together. Although it is incorrect, one could interpret the rules as allowing a player to declare a block on a Strength 5 piece, then roll Dauntless. If Dauntless fails, he replaces his block with the stab action, if he succeeds he rolls the block die.

The ruling on this was that once the player rolls Dauntless he has effectively chosen to not use stab, as Dauntless is art of the actual block roll. Therefore, it is illegal to not use stab in order to get to roll Dauntless, but later use stab to negate the results of a failed dauntless.

Not quite the same thing...
reservoirelves wrote:Can you choose to use Juggernaut to change the both down result, but choose not use it to negate Stand Firm?

Reason: ''