Leap and Pass Block.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grogmir
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Leap and Pass Block.

Post by Grogmir »

Hi There, My GF's Norse team have got a tasty situation going with a Strong Armed Thrower and an 4 Ag Berserker, therefore her standard tactic at Kick-Off is to pick-up from whereever and throw to said Berserker. And its really working well for her. Its Just getting to predictable,

Could I get someone Leap + Pass Block so they could leap over the LOS and disturb this tatic?

Regards
Grogmir

Reason: ''
Spike Cup Reading 07 -- Runner Up, DE's. Damn you Lycos!
Conflict south 07 - Winner, Dark Elves.
Brighton BB league runner up 07 - DE's.
Brighton BB league runner up 06 - Dwarves
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Of course, in my longest running dark Elf team I had 2 players like that

A Blitzer, 7 4 5 8 Block Dodge, Leap, PassBlock

&

A Witch Elf 7 4 5 7 Block, Dodge, Frenzy, Jump Up, Pass Block, Leap, Nerves Of Steel.

I would arrange for Kick to make the ball go near the LOS and have both of these guys on or one square back from the line. The Thrower would attempt to secure the ball in case something went wrong in the early blocking (the attempt would also normally involve a pass to someone ready to cage up. Both would leap ove rthe LOS and put a tackle zone on the Thrower with the Witch Elf intercepting the ball). then both would sweep off and score shortly after

the WE had 3 interceptions in her last game with this tactic.

of course she attracted bounties but still survives and is well past 200 spps.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Grogmir
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Grogmir »

Hey that's great to know, Sooo going to have to do this. However I thought Pass Block could only be used by one player?

Spike Cup Reading 07 -- Runner Up, DE's. Damn you Lycos!
Conflict south 07 - Winner, Dark Elves.
Brighton BB league runner up 07 - DE's.
Brighton BB league runner up 06 - Dwarves
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Grogmir wrote:Hey that's great to know, Sooo going to have to do this. However I thought Pass Block could only be used by one player?
Nope ... each player on your team with Pass Block can use the skill when a pass is declared by your opponent (as long as each can get into the position required by the skill).

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Bonehead
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Bonehead »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Nope ... each player on your team with Pass Block can use the skill when a pass is declared by your opponent (as long as each can get into the position required by the skill).
You mean you can use it with each player to put tackle zones on the thrower/receiver but only one of them may attempt to intercept the ball, right?

Reading my sig was by about three seconds of total waste of time.
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

Only one may try to intercept...but all your pass blockers could move into a position where they could try to intercept the ball--even if none of them were in the TZ of the thrower or receiver.

-Xeterog
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Bonehead wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:Nope ... each player on your team with Pass Block can use the skill when a pass is declared by your opponent (as long as each can get into the position required by the skill).
You mean you can use it with each player to put tackle zones on the thrower/receiver but only one of them may attempt to intercept the ball, right?
I'd have to say this is a grey area after reading Pass Block again.
A legal Pass Block square puts the player in a position to attempt an interception, in the empty square that is the target of the pass, or with the thrower or catcher in one of his tackle zones.
All depends on how you view the text "position to attempt an interception"

Does it mean
A) Is actually going to roll the dice
or
B) has the ability to roll the dice if I choose to have him try.

Now if I was at a tournament and asked to rule ... I'd say B because I would rule that each player was deifnitely in a position where he could attempt an interception (which is how Gortex answered above) ... but I could definitely see a commish say it was A.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Bonehead
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Bonehead »

Hm. I think I will discuss this with my league mates next time.
I also tend to say B.
LRB5 wrote:This move is made out of sequence, after the range has
been measured, but before any interception attempts have been made.

Reading my sig was by about three seconds of total waste of time.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

The way it's written it means the "B" choice above. The commish would have to be applying further logic to make "A" apply. He could do it and sell it but it's not there.

Have fun!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Snew wrote:The way it's written it means the "B" choice above. The commish would have to be applying further logic to make "A" apply. He could do it and sell it but it's not there.
I agree with Snew's synopsis.

Galak