About to join the Waterbowl

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jonny Deth
Experienced
Experienced

About to join the Waterbowl

Post by Jonny Deth »

I am fairly new at playing the dwarfs and need to pick some skills and could do with some advice...

The picks are:
1. 4x skills 2x doubles
2. 3x skills 1x double MA+1
3. 5x skills AG+1
4. 4x skills ST+1

I have chosen no4 with guard on two blockers, Hail mary pass on a runner, sure feet on the other runner and ST+1 on one of the blockers...

I like a fairly solid LOS and the combination of guard and ST+1 will ensure that I can keep the centre ground...whilst flanking with the positional players. I also like the option of passing to counter the poor movement of my players.

What advice would be on offer?

I will be playing players who I have never played before. So can not guess their tactics...

Reason: ''
Halflings rule!!!
Nuffle hates me!
Quadrasonic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Quadrasonic »

I think I might go with option 3. Give the agility to one of your runners and give the other one Pass instead of HMP.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

In 4th and earlier, this is bad advice, but in 5th, +ST on a Slayer is all kinds of beautiful. +MA or +AG on a Runner is also great; given those options, I'd go with AG because in a vacuum it's better and doubles rolls don't help Dwarfs a whole lot.

I might do something like:

Runner w/+AG
Runner w/Pass
2x Blitzer w/Stand Firm
2x Blocker w/Guard

Or:

Runner w/+AG
Runner w/Pass
2x Blocker w/Guard
2x Blitzer w/Guard

Or:

Runner w/Pass
3x Blocker w/Guard
2x Blitzer w/Side Step

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.