A question about DODGE ( can you reroll more than once )

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Re: A question about DODGE ( can you reroll more than once )

Post by Greyhound »

No if a player with dodge and pro fails his dodge reroll he CANNOT use pro to reroll dodge. You can reroll a dice roll only once!

Reason: ''
Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

Smurf wrote: All skill rerolls can only be used once per turn/action
there is no such rule. In General, you can use any skill any number of times during a turn/action. Granted, many times, this is effectively one time per turn (as failing results in a Turn Over, so you don't get another chance to use the skill)

Catch is not limited to once per turn/action. Granted it takes failed catch rolls/rerolls and multiple bounces, but you CAN use catch each and every time the ball enters your square and requires a catch roll.

Dodge specifically states in the skill that it can only be used once per turn per player
Pro specifically states in the skill that it can only be used once per turn
Since you can only pass once a turn, pass can only be used once a turn, but if somehow you could pass twice with the same player, you could use pass both times.
Sure-hands could possibly be used more than once by a player--if they somehow avoid the automatic turnover by failing to pick up the ball the 1st time (even with the sure hands RR).

see page 23 of the C.R.P., Skills, rule #2: Skills may be used an unlimited number of times per Action.
(unless otherwise stated in the skill description)

-Xeterog
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

True but this goes to my original position:

There are many rules and sometimes we cannot clarify them on a message board... so read the rules!

BTW I thought a bouncing ball requires surehands.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Stalker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stalker »

Why are people still writing about this? It's already been stated over and over and Galak has already clarified it beyond any shadow of a doubt how this works.

And yes my league mates were convinced so we're playing with the correct rules now.

And for the record, they DID read the rules. The rules however were not clear enough (their words not mine), something to rewrite for the next edition perhaps?

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

The only time you use Sure Hands is to pick up a ball when you Voluntarily enter the square of the ball. (ie. it's already there and not bouncing).

Catching a bouncing ball is a catch roll.

Getting pushed (or otherwise involuntarily moved to) a square with the ball results in it bouncing away (I so wish Cyanide would get this right..I tried and tried and tried to get them to understand it to no avail)

-Xeterog