New Diving Catch Query

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby Wardman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toby Wardman »

ianwilliams wrote:I think you are playing it incorrectly so that you are allowing it to be used to catch "bouncing balls"
I think this version of the skill was on the original MBBL playtest list - see top of this thread.

Reason: ''
<b>The Yorkshire Blood Bowl League</b>
Britain's biggest tabletop league
www.tybbl.org.uk
zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

Toby Wardman wrote:
ianwilliams wrote:I think you are playing it incorrectly so that you are allowing it to be used to catch "bouncing balls"
I think this version of the skill was on the original MBBL playtest list - see top of this thread.
Toby, I don't understand what you are pointing out there vs what Ian is trying to answer. Are you tying to help Freeman with his question or you pointing to the top of the thread instead of the last question asked?

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Shame, catching boucing balls would have been awesome. Sort of like what Strip Ball did in 2nd ed.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Toby Wardman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toby Wardman »

zephard wrote:Toby, I don't understand what you are pointing out there vs what Ian is trying to answer. Are you tying to help Freeman with his question or you pointing to the top of the thread instead of the last question asked?
Sorry, this is getting confusing... I thought Ian was remarking that the original poster had misunderstood Diving Catch as it exists in LRB5+ (so I was just pointing out that the OP was talking about an MBBL playtest ruleset, not LRB5+). But maybe Ian was talking to a subsequent poster - in which case, ignore me. :)

www.tybbl.org.uk
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Toby Wardman wrote: But maybe Ian was talking to a subsequent poster - in which case, ignore me. :)
Yes, even was replying to freeman108, who posted on the 22/04/09, rather than bouf, who posted on 03/09/07. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Toby Wardman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toby Wardman »

Doh!

www.tybbl.org.uk