Can you stab a prone player

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Cramy wrote:Negatives for Stab:
As Snew mentioned already.
1) No SPPs from stab
2) And a failed stab means that you end-up next to the guy that you failed to stab.

The latter point is big. An Assassin with AV7 and no protection skills goes splat easily.

I've had a few games where my Assassin was very effective. Most of the time though he just get smacked around.

But that's the point with stab. It's a high risk high reward type skill. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you get smacked around.
Goblins with Chainsaws sometimes find this to be the case too!!

Reason: ''
G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Buggrit wrote:
Goblins with Chainsaws sometimes find this to be the case too!!
Not just gobbos. My online chaos flings (with TWO chainsaws) also find themselves to be blitz targets nearly every turn.

Strange really.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yes, thanks, chainsaws are removed in one drive, as the assassins should be....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:Yes, thanks, chainsaws are removed in one drive, as the assassins should be....
I hardly think that you can compare the effectiveness of a chainsaw to the effectiveness of a player with the Stab skill! Not to mention from a fluff perspective, the chainsaw is a bit more obvious!

Have to ask though, VL, have you had much opportunity to play against the Stab skill? My experience against it is limited, but it did not appear to be the all-powerful skill that you seem to make it out to be....

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yes, enough times, and the point is continually missed.... Even it's supporters finally fall upon the obvious comparison....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Dark elf assassins are a pain once they get multiple block and killing off your wood elves 2 by 2. Well, usually they don't get to do multi-block, but if you just assisted a block somewhere, odds are the assassin can walk straight in and stab 2 players using the team's blitz action.

Nuffle Sucks!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Blitz and Multiple block are not allowed to be used together Richard. :roll:

:wink:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Ah, good to know this.

Nuffle Sucks!
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:Yes, thanks, chainsaws are removed in one drive, as the assassins should be....
Assassins removed in one turn is only half of an idea. Either stab would need to be improved, or the assasin price dropped.

As a Dark Elf coach, they are fun pieces and can be useful. And they have a fairly high risk of being useless! I think they are good where they are, but if they were dropped to 50K and given Secret Weapon, I wouldn't be so upset. The ability to have two mitigates this somewhat.

Maleficum
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Maleficum »

Snew wrote:
Vomit Lickspittle wrote: but have no intrinsic penalties for not even having to roll block dice....
a)No push on a stab. On a failed Stab the player isn't prone and you're standing right next to him. :wink:

b) no SPPs

add:

c) no additional skills to the equation

no 'strip ball'-effekt, it's either or don't, 'no tackle'

d) no assists

e) wearing a target-sign from 'rookie-status'

(mathematics: you have a 15:36 chance of successfully stabbing a lone linerat. Without block you have a 12:36 chance of knocking the linerat down and then getting to roll damage. If you add block, the successrate goes to 18:36. If you add 'strip ball' you'll get the ball from the block/dodge gutterrunner 30:36 times, not counting the fact that you'd probarly get two block-dice.)