Can you stab a prone player

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Can you stab a prone player

Post by bouf »

I already know the answer is no but here are my circumstances that make me ask.

Stakes made me think its a shame you can't stab a prone player. Lets say that Zara stabs a Ghoul and stuns him. Next turn I need to use a Blitz action to run over to a standing player for a jab. But this guy is right here! If I foul, then I lose my +1 vs Undead from the stakes.

Which got me thinking, if you could stab a prone player with Multiple Block you could really have some fun!

Give the Amazons, Underworld, and Chaos Dwarves (Hobgoblins) a stab positional and you have a fun new dimention to the stab skill.

Imagine a Multiple Block, Dirty Player, Sneaky Git, running about jabbing the prone players! It'd be a hoot!!!

Anyways... I know that you can't stab Prone players & never will. But it'd be good if more teams had access to stab.

Reason: ''
~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

ACTUALLY it would be imperative that Stab be mated with Secret Weapon....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

Doesnt a Stab action replace a Block action? If so then no, you couldnt Stab a prone player since you cant block a prone one.

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Rustycan wrote:Doesnt a Stab action replace a Block action? If so then no, you couldnt Stab a prone player since you cant block a prone one.
Correct

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
datalorex
Star Player
Star Player

Post by datalorex »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:ACTUALLY it would be imperative that Stab be mated with Secret Weapon....
He gets raped by stab one time and thinks it's broken. lol.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The one guarantee in life is that Datalorex never tires of being mistaken....

My opinion/comment comes from many conversations with experienced coach(es)....

I can handle 'em, I rarely play AV7... however, not only are they murder on AV7, but have no intrinsic penalties for not even having to roll block dice....

Thinking in a gestalt gaming manner, Secret Weapon status would be realistic....

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Stabbing should have the same mechanics as fouling: doubles means you're sent off.

But yes, you can stab a prone player, just declare a foul ;) Still the +1 fro stakes doesn't count then.

Nuffle Sucks!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote: but have no intrinsic penalties for not even having to roll block dice....
a)No push on a stab. On a failed Stab the player isn't prone and you're standing right next to him. :wink:
b) no SPPs

Have fun!
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Snew wrote:
Vomit Lickspittle wrote: but have no intrinsic penalties for not even having to roll block dice....
a)No push on a stab. On a failed Stab the player isn't prone and you're standing right next to him. :wink:
b) no SPPs
:roll: Whoopitydilgar :roll:

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Vomit Lickspittle wrote:
Snew wrote:
b) no SPPs
:roll: Whoopitydilgar :roll:
You may be the only person on this board afraid of the skill. :lol:

Have fun!
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Snew, get another hobby... please... :roll:

My contention is that Stab operates similar to, and on a level, with Secret Weapon, yet does not suffer from removal... or requirement to knock down an opponent... thus is too good for what it does....

If I were "afraid" of 'insignificant flea-biting fears', I wouldn't have the backbone to answer your posts.... :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Stab is nothing to worry about.
If you've got a Stab player in your league that is uber-effective, then you're not playing against them properly.
Hell, even the Stab DE player isn't that scary.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Stilling the ego is the first part of silence... silence the first part of listening... listening the first part of struggle... struggle the first part of practice... and practice the first part of understanding (success)....

Good luck on the first part of the first part....

Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

Stab is no big deal guys, besides how many of these DE buggers do you actually run into? Not that many due to the fact that most guys use em to get the big guys, but when the stab fails, the big guy plants them into the turf. And presto! you now have Dark Elf Daisy's!!

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

Negatives for Stab:
As Snew mentioned already.
1) No SPPs from stab
2) And a failed stab means that you end-up next to the guy that you failed to stab.

The latter point is big. An Assassin with AV7 and no protection skills goes splat easily.

I've had a few games where my Assassin was very effective. Most of the time though he just get smacked around.

But that's the point with stab. It's a high risk high reward type skill. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you get smacked around.

Cramy