Sorry but Search Fu not working well. Wrestle question

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry but Search Fu not working well. Wrestle question

Post by zephard »

Ok, looked but could not find. :x

Both players involved in the block have Wrestle, do both have to agree not to use it to not use it?
Or does the Defender or Attacker decide?

If I was the higher AV and it meant the turn would stop, as a defender I would definitely choose to not use it, but what if a human blocks a human, who decides or does it have to be a dual decision?

Thinking about PBEM here also, looking at all the multi emails for one turn of a lot of wrestle.

Reason: ''
If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

Well to be honest, I don't see why many people would choose for both players to be hurt over both players being pulled to the ground.

But only one of them has to choose to use the skill. If neither did then yes, both would be hurt as normal.

~Andromidius

tenwit
Star Player
Star Player

Post by tenwit »

Andromidius wrote:Well to be honest, I don't see why many people would choose for both players to be hurt over both players being pulled to the ground.
Because it causes a turnover? If a non-Block non-Wrestle player blocks my Wrestle player, I'd seriously think about not using Wrestle. Especially if it's early my opponent's turn.

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

tenwit wrote:
Andromidius wrote:Well to be honest, I don't see why many people would choose for both players to be hurt over both players being pulled to the ground.
Because it causes a turnover? If a non-Block non-Wrestle player blocks my Wrestle player, I'd seriously think about not using Wrestle. Especially if it's early my opponent's turn.
My amazon team had heaps of wrestlers (without Block) and I made this decision all the time... I had to consider that my AV7 player would most likely get hurt, BUT it would end my opponents turn early...

To answer the original question...
If both players have wrestle, then they would both need to decide not to use it to cause a trun over.

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
tenwit
Star Player
Star Player

Post by tenwit »

bouf wrote:My amazon team had heaps of wrestlers (without Block) and I made this decision all the time... I had to consider that my AV7 player would most likely get hurt, BUT it would end my opponents turn early...
An even better outcome is when you decide not to wrestle, so your opponent uses a TRR and double-skulls :) Turnover and your guy isn't even on the floor :)

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

As long as either player agrees to use wrestle (attacker or defender) the result is both pieces are placed prone, no armor rolls, and no turnovers unless the attacker had the ball.

If both players elected not to use the skill, then it's a turnover, and both players are knocked over (placed prone and take armor rolls.)

Interestingly enough, this is the main reason Wrestle is inferior to block at low TV. A hit against your lineman which would result in Wrestle being used ensures you will probably NOT use wrestle (because a turnover is a superior result, usually.) So it's generally like you don't have a skill at all.

Against dwarves, Norse, or developed teams, however, it shines.

zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

Thank you guys.
You answered my question, and thanks Jural for that insite about the low TV linemen aspect, your right about that.

I was thinking about it from a well developed team with lots of Wrestle.

And the thought came to me when I was thinking about wrestle in the no Block league idea.

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.