Ulfwerener 3rd skill - AG roll or skill?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Ulfwerener 3rd skill - AG roll or skill?

Post by The Ref »

Helo

My ulfwerener is entitled to a +AG modifier, or an ordinary skill - what to choose?

Myklagaard Hounddogs, his team

Reason: ''
Come'n get some!
www.anarchy.bloodbowlleague.com
whitetiger
Star Player
Star Player

Post by whitetiger »

Take the +AG. Stat increases are way better than any single skill. And a Ulfwerner is not going to suddenly become your main ball carrier, but he'll be able to dodge, and pick up the ball if necessary, like say he dodges away from an opposition lino, blitzes the ball carrier in the open field, then picks up the ball. Not bad for an overgrown doggie.

It's a Dark Elf world, we just let you live in it to provide fresh victims. - and I still want an Executioner to kill sauruses with.
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

I don't reckon the AG3 is worth double the skill-you'll still only dodge with him if you're desperate and whilst it isn't an awful choice (he does have block already), I'd rather get a normal skill.

Your team is a bit lacking in guard, but you have had a couple of ST increases, so without knowing the rest of your league, i don't know if that would be worth it. Stand Firm or juggernaught would be good other options.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

For , it depends on the length of league.

Ulfs are one of the more durable Norse players.

Having AG3 would make him much much easier to get more increases.
But only if he has time.

If no time, Guard would be a better use of TV.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

The league is running forever :) (the same teams can participate in later seasons)

The ulfwerener will be attending it untill I retire the team, he is killed or a new LRB says ulfwereners / norse is not longer allowed..

I'm thinking I've got enough players to run the ball, the ulfwereners are my flank protectors and kickoff returner hunter.. So the +AG might come in handy a time or two, but mainly he'll be blocking... There's more agility teams with dodge than teams with stand firm in the league.. If it had been a normal roll I would probably take tackle.. Juggernaught is tempting, but again AG would enable him for TDs and later improvements...

The +AG is a big boost to TV though, and beeing a high value team already, this would give even more inducements against us... Wich normally is a good way to even the games.. :S

I'm not shure what to take... (I won't get the AG roll again in a while I suppose...)

Come'n get some!
The Ref
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Ref »

Hmm - took the +AG :S Hopefully I won't regret it at all.... :)

Come'n get some!
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

With all those Dodge teams in your league (and as a norse coach myself) I'd have gone with tackle on the Ulf to help splat some elves.

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
whitetiger
Star Player
Star Player

Post by whitetiger »

With the +AG, he can score a couple of TDs and get to the next skill up all that much faster, then you can take the tackle or juggernaut.

It's a Dark Elf world, we just let you live in it to provide fresh victims. - and I still want an Executioner to kill sauruses with.