whats the best skills for Troll slayers???

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Get Multiple Block on one and make him the LOS breaker and one with Juggernaut and let him do the blitzing.

LOS Breaker
Multiple Block
Mighty Blow
Stand Firm

Blitzing Slayer
Juggernaut
Tackle
Mighty Blow

Reason: ''
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Some good advice here for GAME 2009, Olli ;)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I don't really see the point of multiple block. You are going to have plenty of blockers to hit with who are very reliable and going to give consistent results. Only with Mighty Blow first does it make sense since you'd then get MB on both hits.

Off the LOS it might have some tactical use for clearing markers off a cage - but the number of times you'd get to use it would be small.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
stashman

Post by stashman »

ianwilliams wrote:I don't really see the point of multiple block. You are going to have plenty of blockers to hit with who are very reliable and going to give consistent results. Only with Mighty Blow first does it make sense since you'd then get MB on both hits.

Off the LOS it might have some tactical use for clearing markers off a cage - but the number of times you'd get to use it would be small.
Well the Multiple Block is not very good, but it's still a skill to be used :lol:

Multiple Block only works well with ST5 or Dauntless.

But if it's not to good, maybe the skill has to be redone like using it on a blitz (like in LRB4), but it won't happen...

... so back to the troll slayer with Multiple Block :wink:

Use Multiple Block to move away players to make holes. If you are lucky you can get two casualties in one block. Even if you have plenty of players to block with you can use them to move instead and work up a cage easier.

On the defence its not so usable, but sometimes the opponent forgets your skills and suddenly two players are in taclezones for the slayer and you have some gurding players and whoops a double block is on!

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

So once you've got Mighty Blow - and hence a better chance of causing a cas than a rookie blocker - I can understand you might see it giving worthwhile benefit - but before Mighty Blow it seems to provide very little added value.

Regardless I personnally think Stand Firm and Juggernaut both add a lot more than multi block so I wouldn't look at it until relatively late.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

I think multible block needs to be combined with both mighty blow and stand firm to have real value on a slayer. Then you would get 50% chance of getting two blocks if your opponant moves a player to assist and blocks your with a standart player without wrestle. Dont forget you are giving up the extra block from frenzy though.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Best skill for a Troll Slayer: DECAY!

(yeah, yeah, I know... *slithers back into the shadows*)

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lucasluckydelux »

For my present team I am also choosing dif. skills for each slayer:

Bigguyslayer:

Mighty Blow
Pilling on

Next skill: I'll get jump up on double but I don't know what to get for a simple. Help appreciated ;)

Crowdsurfer:

Side Step (I got a double if not I'd have gone for Stand Firm)
Juggernaut

Next skill: dodge on a double but i don't know what to get for a simple. Help appreciated ;)

darren woodward
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by darren woodward »

lucasluckydelux wrote:For my present team I am also choosing dif. skills for each slayer:

Bigguyslayer:

Mighty Blow
Pilling on

Next skill: I'll get jump up on double but I don't know what to get for a simple. Help appreciated ;)

Crowdsurfer:

Side Step (I got a double if not I'd have gone for Stand Firm)
Juggernaut

Next skill: dodge on a double but i don't know what to get for a simple. Help appreciated ;)
Piling On? You sure you want to leave an AV8 target on the floor?

I shall not buy another goddamn thing from THAT company
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

I suggest tackle and guard. Tackle for maximum damage and guard combines vel with both side step and frenzy and dwarfs just cant get enough of it.

lucasluckydelux
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lucasluckydelux »

I know pilling on is kinda crazy but it's really useful if only used when i've already passed armour without needing the mb.

Tackle and guard are useful but I already have 6 tackles and 6 guards (4 LB and 2 blitzers) in the team...

Thanks for your comments. I'll probably take one of them if I don't find anything better ;)

Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

lucasluckydelux wrote:I know pilling on is kinda crazy but it's really useful if only used when i've already passed armour without needing the mb.
Amazing that just one player is willing to put that thick skulled dwarf on the ground. Get both of the trollslayers the same skills:

Mighty Blow (+100% CAS/KO rate)
Piling On (with MB +300-400% CAS/KO rate)
Tackle

(Guard/juggernaut/stand firm) [guard/SF useless on the ground, juggernaut rarely needed).

The tactic is straightforward, blitz a lineman/catchertype (AV7-8 ) every turn. Whilst one is on the ground the other needs to be in position to blitz next turn. Whilst your trollslayers are on the ground you need to defend their position a bit with your blockers but that should require nothing spectacular. If you're playing vs AV9 teams, piling on is a bit less useful so you only use it when you pass armor.

Finally when you do get fouled you still have a thick skull to drop your knockout chance to a *maximum* of 41% opposed to fouler's out chance 30,55%

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi!

You have two of them, so you have to split the question up.
For me a slayer is ultimate and uncontrollable Weapon of mass destruction :-)
Mighty Blow is a must on the first skill. He gains the next skills a lot easier with this skill.
On the second skill, i see 4 possibilities: Tackle, Pro, Guard, SF
Here comes the decision. Tackle is a skill you can use in offense and in defense. Sure it's important, if there are many dodgers in your league, but let's say that Tackle is extremely important if you want to play a slaying slayer. SF and Pro can not be used in defense/offense, so i would pass them to the third skill. Therefor Guard is the other possibility. Frenzy is kind of dangerous and a slayer with Guard may make it easier to position the slow beards in order to make a nice Frenzy-block afterwards.

I took Pro on the Tackle-slayer as third skill and SF on the MB,Guard-slayer. But that's not as important.
Juggernaut is a really cool skill, but usually i don't need it, because Dwarf-teams have a lot of RR.
Of course Strip Ball and Multi Block are choices, but MultiBlock is kind of weak in LRB5, if you can't take Grab on your player and Strip Ball implies, that you can reach the ball carrier with your ag2.

On doubles i would think ybout Dodge and finally Jump Up. With Piling On, that slayer is a machine!

Greetz,
gan