First snot skill : Double

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fondu77
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

First snot skill : Double

Post by Fondu77 »

Hi ther, don't you know what I should take?

I assume that I got a pretty bashy team developpement. 5 ogres (4 PO and 1 also w/guard and one w/break tackle).

The rest are no skills snots.
Just make a double 2 on a snot on the experience roll and I got pretty no idea of what to take..........

Subsidiary question : can I take tackle on ogre normal skill? :-?

Reason: ''
Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

First of all, no you cannot take Tackle on a normal skill for an Ogre. As they dont have acces to General Skills, you'd have to roll a double to gain Tackle.

A double roll on a snotling, well there are a couple of options.

Block. Boring, but will possible help him survive longer. Anything that does that helps.

Wrestle. Maybe even better. Saves going down and even might flatten one of your opponents to foul him!

Dirty Player. Once an Ogre got one down, you can remove him more permanently. Nice with Sneaky Git.

If you are interested at all in ball handling, you could take Sure Hands or Hail Mary Pass.

Best of luck!
B

'Millions of pieces, pieces for free.
Millions of pieces, pieces for me!'
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Guard would be fun - the dodge/sidestep combo makes it nasty.

Otherwise strip ball, wrestle or block all fill fairly similar functions.

Sure hands is another alternative - but many ogre coaches prefer to run the ball with Ogres than Snots.

Dirty Player would be useful too.

Hail Mary pass is always handy on stunty teams too...

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

Guard : not usefull i think. neither ogre nor snots need it anyway (what for??? ogre have 5ST and snot 1....

strip ball : Maybe a good idea but the point is how many chance I got to choose the dice with a normal 3 dices against block ???? :lol:

wrestle : A snot down for a normal player eventually

block : my first thought but it's only to make it live longer...

Sure hands : not so bad as for me the snot are the ball carrier until an ogre can reach it, and give me a little chance of picking in tackle zone.

Dirty Player : what the change with LRB4?

Hail Mary pass : might be an option as I send the ball very often far from everyone to give me a little chance not to get a 8-0 result :lol:

Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

Is dountless an option? :roll:

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Leader?
You'll probably be struggling with cash flow for a long time.

Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

plasmoid wrote:Leader?
You'll probably be struggling with cash flow for a long time.
Nah, having S1 and AV5 is not enough for a Leader. The reroll will be gone before you know it!

I would defintely go with the Dirty Player and then get Sneaky Git as the next skill.

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I've had one, and if he hangs back a little, then no problem. It's not like he needs to be around for turn 7-8 of the 2nd half :wink:

Fondu77

Post by Fondu77 »

plasmoid wrote:I've had one, and if he hangs back a little, then no problem. It's not like he needs to be around for turn 7-8 of the 2nd half :wink:
In my team tactic it's almost impossible as Ogre always stays on the line of scrimage trying to open the opponent and my snots moving like a one man on the fallen opponent guys or on the ball. In this tactic It's quite difficult to chose the guy wich foul as they have only 5MO?

However you're right it's a good idea to get this snot a bit back. But i prefer to cover down ogres(many PO) then 20K pukesn even if they represent a a reroll.

Mr_lemon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mr_lemon »

Sure Hands: Good to have a ballcarrier. He can pick up the ball and either run with it or try to hand it off to the ogre you want to give the ball. The snotling also have a good chance of keeping the ball if blitzed even against strip ball, only both down and knockdown (unless opponent got tackle) will make you lose the ball. A handoff to a free ogre has 75% successrate which means you have pretty good odds of transporting the ball 10 (5+5) squares-distance to the balls starting position on turn 1. That can be the difference of putting the ball into a safe cage before the opponent gets a chance to free it.

Kick: Depending on you opponent it might be very helpful to be able to place the kick short or long to improve your chances to break your opponents offence before it really starts. It might be an idea to keep your kick-snotling "safe" if you suspect to kick off a lot...

OR

Block: Boring but true, it will keep him standing a bit more and will extend his expiration-date.

Dirty Player might also be good to have, especially if you eventually gets Sneaky git on him...

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Leader all the way for me.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Block is actually pretty good. I have seen these guys survive longer than you'd think. Especially now the new Stunty means 66% of CAS are now BH (rather than 50%).

I would love to try out Dauntless though. Running into cages would be fun. :D

Hail Mary Pass is actually a very good call. TTM a snot downfield in a previous turn and you have an easy score.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Brokje
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Brokje »

My first choice would be Wrestle.
Same survivability-increase as Block, but with the added possibility of a foul.... ; )

Cheers!
B

'Millions of pieces, pieces for free.
Millions of pieces, pieces for me!'
Gronlokk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gronlokk »

Hail Mary Pass is actually a very good call. TTM a snot downfield in a previous turn and you have an easy score.
This has to be some kind of Herkules style snotling. The life expectancy (had to look that word up in a dictionary) of a snotling in the opponents backfield can usually be measured in seconds. In fact my snotlings tend to end up in the infirmary or the cemetery as a result of being thrown. I think your best chance to score with a snot is "throw a snot that has the ball on him towards the endzone and pray". Not so sure Hail Mary Pass will do any good.

Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

Definedly dirty player. I used to have a guard snot and it was really fun, but the problem is he gets twatted in 3 turns or less.

You wanna give your ogres block on doubles so you can save the rerolls to those ogres who would fail their 2die blocks. Then just swarm the guys on the ground with 5 snotlings & 1 DP.

Assisting fouls is the only thing snots are good for (2+ dodge anywhere = easy to get to help + you REALLY need to trade your snots to his normal players, i.e. foul + ST doesn't matter when you foul).

A snot has a minimum of 43% chance of being KO'd every time he hits the ground, a team with tackle or block access will very quickly down all your snots possibly spending RR's on the blitzes. It's inevitable, rather get sent off by the ref & possibly take a lino/blitzer/catcher with you.