Double 1 Roll on Minotaur (C/D team)

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glowworm

Double 1 Roll on Minotaur (C/D team)

Post by Glowworm »

Just got the 3rd upgrade for my Minotaur 5/5/2/8 in a well established C/D team (TV1960) at the moment he has:
Loner
Frenzy
Horns
Mighty Blow
Thick skull
Wild Aminal
Juggernaut
Break Tackle

as its a double i can have G/A/P/M as well as the normal S, My first thought is:
Claws
However I am open to suggestions. if he didnt already have juggernaut it would probably be Block but maybe thats a bit of a waste now, other possibles are:
stand Firm (Boring but useful)
Pro
Dodge
Jump up
Tentacles
or even KoR or maybe Pass Block (assuming he can use break tackle which i believe he can)
this could be his last upgrade as with Av8 he's getting alot of attention

any and all suggestions considered (unless they are from Buggritt as he has to face him)

(Leader is not really an option (5 R/R on team))
(have also got Guard/Stand firm C/Ds for the LoS)

Reason: ''
El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

Claws: the combo Mighty Blow + Claws on a ST5 dude is just too good to let go. Image: you hurt anything on a 7.

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

I would go for Claw. Nice mino with claws , yeah :evil: :evil:

reservoirelves
Experienced
Experienced

Post by reservoirelves »

Go with something that only he can do.

He can Blitz his way next to the guy with the ball against most cages so give him Tentacles to maximize his ball carrier harassment potential.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

reservoirelves wrote:Go with something that only he can do.

He can Blitz his way next to the guy with the ball against most cages so give him Tentacles to maximize his ball carrier harassment potential.
We are probably going to start running the "new" experimental rules in January so tentacles will only be of limited use....Altho the opposition player will need to roll 8 on 2D6 (if he's S3) to move away

Like your thinking...

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

:roll: The odds of escaping from tentacles is exactly the same. The only difference is the interaction with rerolls.

Anyway, I'd take Claw since you've already built for blitzing.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
tenwit
Star Player
Star Player

Post by tenwit »

Isn't the biggest issue with WA that you can end up on your back and never get up again for the entire drive? Block is the way to mitigate that.

Block also has a good synergy with Frenzy/Juggernaut, in that if you roll both down on the first block but for some reason really, really don't want to follow up and throw the second block, you can just elect not to use Jugg and use Block instead.

Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

tenwit wrote:Isn't the biggest issue with WA that you can end up on your back and never get up again for the entire drive? Block is the way to mitigate that.

Block also has a good synergy with Frenzy/Juggernaut, in that if you roll both down on the first block but for some reason really, really don't want to follow up and throw the second block, you can just elect not to use Jugg and use Block instead.
I agree. Plus juggernaut never helps you while you are getting blocked.

I think Block may be the right answer.

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
stashman

Post by stashman »

B L O C K

... all the way and I know it's boring, but its god damn good)

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Probably alone here, but I would go Pro before block because he already has juggernaut and break tackle. I'd also consider dodge.

Tentacles is very interesting (as he never loses his tackle zones) but with only a 50% chance of success on a move action and multiple players who already are great against dodgers (Chaos Dwarves!) I'd probably skip it on this team...

Claw may just be the best choice though... it's hard to pass up claw...

Finally, the one other choice you might consider in elf heavy leagues- Tackle. That is one nasty minotaur...

So for me, I'd rank the options thus:

1) Pro
2) Claw
3) Dodge
4) Block
5) Tentacles

If he didn't already have Juggernaut, I think Block wins in a heartbeat.

Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

I'd go with Block, for two reasons:

1/ Keeps the Minotaur on his feet while getting hit (and he will be). And a Minotaur not standing up is a real liability.

2/ Gives you the choice of pushing or knocking down your opponant while Blitzing. Which is very handy indeed if you're hitting a sidestepper who doesn't have block. Also means you can avoid getting into bad situations that frenzy sometimes gets you into.

Though if you're going for all own destruction instead of a more rounded and self reliant player, take Claw. It'll scare the living daylights out of bash teams.

~Andromidius

Willi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Willi »

Since he´s already got Juggernaut, I think there is no real need for Block on the offence, defensively its still very good.

But how about Tackle? I know the team has lots of it already but rather slow. So a blitzing Mino with tackle that can ignore both down results can be awesome. Of course this depends on the league structure.

Rent me. I`m German.
Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

Well technically, defensively it does nothing at all. It only comes into effect during a Blitz move by the player.

And actually, I've changed my mind. Dodge would be a much better skill then Block for a Minotaur that already had Juggernaut. Keeps him on his feet, allows him to dodge where the Chaos Dwarves can't (and combos well with Break Tackle), and generally makes him more annoying.

Not much need for more Tackle in the team, in my opinion.

~Andromidius

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Depends who you're playing and what else you've on your team. If there are a lot of bash teams in your league I'd think about claw (nice with MB) or dodge (good with BT for breaking cages).

Against Agility teams, tentacles would be great, get close to St2 players and watch your opo weep as he can't dodge away and then is on the receiving end of a 3d block.

Having said that, block is probably your best choice, dull, but effective. Infinitely better that juggernaught defensively and also a lot better on offence. Having block on my mino on my CD team has been the only thing that's saved him from getting the boot...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Having suffered to many Big Guys face down in the dirt when others have hit them, I also have to vote for the boring Block option.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.