double 6 on minotaur

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Re: double 6 on minotaur

Post by purdindas »

I vote +Str

Again for the 3die block potential :wink:

It's nice to hear the other options though.

Reason: ''
Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
thechosengobbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by thechosengobbo »

+ST also means you can deal with any big guys used to mark him without needing assists (or using the blitz).

Everything in moderation (except possibly moderation)
landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Take the hints and take the +ST. :D

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Cirrus the Blue
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cirrus the Blue »

In the league we've got going on, we have a rule that if you roll 12, you can get rid of a nega-trait. ;)

But really, consider Treemen and Deathrollers. getting 3 dice vs Dorf teams is tricky at best because there's really only one method to advance Dorf teams - Guard, Guard, and more Guard. Some Dauntless... The difference from ST5 to ST6 is gigantic. Just as MA9 is to MA10. MA9 is just really fast. MA10 is suddenly a 1-turner with the help of Sprint. Think about it before you make a choice, but there's no better reason besides getting rid of a nega-trait to pass up Strength on the Minotaur. :o The only thing that would be even remotely acceptable in comparison would be Block if he doesn't already have it. Even then, mobile (MA5 is plenty fast enough) and reliable (Wild Animal means no lost Tackle Zones, and 3 dice Frenzy is absolutely deadly.) ST6 is far more important for any number of reasons. Slap on Claw and you've got yourself a true monster that coaches will be afraid of! Pro or Tackle.. meh. Honestly - meh in comparison.

They're arguably the best Big Guys in the entire game (my personal favorite, at least), same with the Rat Ogre and even the Krox. ST6 Horns takes care of a Deathroller straight-up on the Blitz and 2 dice vs Treemen on his own. If it can take care of that, it can take care of anything. Until you've coached a ST6 Big Guy who doesn't have Take Root or is a Star Player, you don't know what you're missing out on. ;)

- Cirrus

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Cirrus the Blue wrote: MA10 is suddenly a 1-turner with the help of Sprint.
Better to take Side Step, helps just as much with the OTS and useful throughout the game.

On-Topic: Take the ST.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Don't listen to them
They are trying to lure you with humdrum normalness

You can get 3 dice and stand up to other big guys. (normal snormal)
Or you can get creative and become a better player of your Minotaur by increasing his survivability.
Pro
or
Wrestle

Str +1 EVERYONE sees that coming and it has too many weaknesses in a League.
Bounty
Target
Gang Bang
Avoidance (He don't move that far)
FOULs for days
no skill against dodgers or blockers
loner uses up your team's turn reroll, success roll or not
You are going to be lured into a false sense of security (look I got three dice, BIG FREAKING DEAL, get that with an assist, you have as much chance of rolling skulls/blocks as rolling pow. with no skill to counter it)

regardless it is your choice, you have to play him your way. Nothing we say will change the way you play your team unless you are looking for something outside the box.

How many TD's does he have? He should average at least 2 every 3 games or more.

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Cirrus the Blue
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cirrus the Blue »

I would never suggest taking Wrestle above Block, especially on a 150k AV8 player. That is, unless you want him murdered by fouls. ;) I'll still back up the fact that +1ST bends a player in such a way that is more powerful than anything else, skills included. Especially if this brings him to ST7 on a Blitz. And now with the new tweak to Horns, it's automatic on the Blitz whether he moves a square or not. This is a much bigger deal in practice than you can possibly comprehend. Trust me on this.

- Cirrus

Duce
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duce »

Str 6 would keep him on his feet if the opponent is trying to block him easier than str 5 also so tie up 3 guys and keep the rest off him and he can sit happy.

Northern Ireland Blood Bowl Experience - NIBBLE
http://nibble.playsboard.com/forum.htm
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I ignored this to take Block on my Mino on my Chaos team, she has now led the league in casualties for 2 seasons. Str 6 would be awesome sauce, but the solid platform of Block allowed me to really take risks and push through into vunerable positions and still feel safe..

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
VMan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by VMan »

+ST
No-Brainer.

I can think of few if any cases, where I wouldn't take +ST.
Yes, Block is tempting but we're talking about +STRENGTH!!!
Unless your opponent has a dauntless Big Guy-Hunter he has serious problems to get rid of that big, bad and mobile MoFu (in offense AND defense).

Be a man... TAKE THE SKULL!!!

Galak 3:16 - "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I just went block instead of +ST on a Tree and I would do it for most big guys. A no-brainer so to speak:)

Not really a no-brainer, just depends on how you play. For instance next on the list is multiple block and will have fun smacking down multiple opponents more often now that I have block.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Karl Lagerbottom
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Karl Lagerbottom »

A STR6 Mino is an awesome cage buster(w/ Break Tackle)...AND he will be STR7 once inside the cage.

I had this on a Norse team in LRB5, and he was a terror. (Although sadly, I didn't get to play with him too much becasue of the format of the league.)

-RobO

P.S. STR 6 Mino is in no way HumDrum, regardless of what others might say.

Karl Lagerbottom - Dwarf Blocker of Renown
NAF Member #5236
---
[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/index.php?module=NAF&type=tournamentinfo&uid=5236]My Tourney History[/url]
Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

Cirrus the Blue wrote:They're arguably the best Big Guys in the entire game (my personal favorite, at least), same with the Rat Ogre and even the Krox.
The Beast of Nurgle would like to have a word with you.

I don't know why there's all this discussion. Beef up and take +1 STR.

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Its a bit old, so I don't blame you for asking again. But the answer is here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=16691&

;)

Nuffle Sucks!
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

St6 tentacle is a nightmare. I'd exceptionally take the strength too and bank on juggernaut later on.

Why take guard on first skill? Claw would have been so much better!