AG6 Leap....?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Spaceman_Spiff
Rookie
Rookie

AG6 Leap....?

Post by Spaceman_Spiff »

I was reading the description for jump up, and noticed that if you were ag4, you would automatically succeed the dice roll, since it does not say that you automatically fail on a 1. In fact, no where in the book does it say that skills automatically fail on a one.
This apparently applies to an AG6 leap as well. This may be right but it seems wrong to me. Leap should always have a chance to fail in my opinion. Can someone please clairify?

Reason: ''
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

LRB page 8 wrote:A roll of 1 before modification always fails and a roll of 6 before modification always succeeds for any Agility roll made during a game.
It's under the section about movement. Not the most logical place from a reference point of view, but it's in there...

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

From Page 8 (Under Picking Up the Ball.)
Look up the player’s Agility on the Agility table to find the score
required to successfully pick up the ball. Roll a D6, and add or
subtract any of the modifiers that apply to the D6 roll. A roll of 1
before modification always fails
and a roll of 6 before
modification always succeeds for any Agility roll made
during a game

AK_Dave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AK_Dave »

Illogical to place a rule with general application underneath a rule with specific application. The 1-fail 6-success clause needs to be removed from the "picking up the ball" section and inserted somewhere else. Generically, under "using skills" perhaps. Maybe under a heading of its own.

[b]Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."[/b]
[img]http://www.blood-bowl.net/teamicons/getref.gif[/img]
Spaceman_Spiff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spaceman_Spiff »

Thanks guys. I swear i stared at that rulebook for a half an hour looking for those words. Not quite the worst place in the book for it, but definately far from the best.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I think a proper index (by subject) would be a really nice addition to 6th Edition.

Since 6th Ed. is intended to last a long time without changes, maybe it's the right time to do an index.

Cheers

Smeborg the Fleshless