Underworld Skaven Lineman skill path?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WildAnimal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by WildAnimal »

Anyone having any idea on how to use the 0-2 Skaven Lineman on the underworld team?

Im mostly thinking about using them as a kind of runner ST3 and MV7 really make them much better then the gobbos, reserving them as linefodder and those who get into a good postion you can use to catch the ball.

But as i see you could also use the Skaven Blitzers as runners, becouse they are as fast, but I think they are better to get some guard and tackle to help the normal Skaven Lineman on the run.

Anyone have any idea what else to use the Skaven Lineman for?

Reason: ''
-Brian Bergh
nerdkingdan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nerdkingdan »

Well plasmoids guide has you use the stormvermin on the line due to av8 and block/guard access.

Leaving your lineman to be the blitzers, as in block, claw, duantless or tackle. Dodge on doubles.

Then use the throwers as both catchers/passers with extra arms.
So far I've been having good luck following that path.

WildAnimal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by WildAnimal »

thanks nerdkingdan

It sounds right, making the Lineman to be the blitzer/Catcher.
and using the real blitzers as Blockers

now......really....what do you use the gobbos for?

-Brian Bergh
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Underworld have me a bit puzzled. I don't even really want to put SVs on the LOS because AV8 isn't that great and they are key pieces. I'd rather have unksilled gobbos and keep the rats off the LOS.

I then saw the SVs as pain givers - MB/Claw and line rats as more blitzer - wrestle/tackle.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
nerdkingdan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by nerdkingdan »

Well, in my current league, and first time playing them in a league... I'm 5 wins 0 losses.

The goblins are basically assist tools. I typically run 4 Skaven, 1 troll and 6 goblins. The two storm vermin are on the line, 2 lineman as the remaining skaven. When I'm getting the ball then I try to run 2 throwers, 2 storm vermin, troll and goblins. If my opponent swarms the line at setup then I run more skaven, but I try to avoid it.

The basic concept is the skaven can't dodge, I use the goblins to assist them, to block people away. The goblins dodge means they can get where they need to be easy. I have found that unless your skaven have dodge running 6 skaven and 4 goblins is basically throwing the drive. Your a skaven team with 4 crappy gutter runners, a troll instead of the rat ogre, it just doesn't work. You can't keep 6 skaven out of trouble with 4 goblins. But you can protect 4 with 6.

Look at it like this, you can either be a bad skaven team, or a goblin team with 4 3 strength players with access to real skills.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

ianwilliams wrote: I then saw the SVs as pain givers - MB/Claw and line rats as more blitzer - wrestle/tackle.
This is how I thought to build them.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Gropah
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gropah »

nerdkingdan wrote:Look at it like this, you can either be a bad skaven team, or a goblin team with 4 3 strength players with access to real skills.
Nice way of putting it.