Stand Firm clarifications

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Stand Firm clarifications

Post by TalonBay »

Came across a couple of questions about stand firm last night, my opponent has been playing for several versions of the game so admitted his understanding may be based on earlier versions but I thought I'd see what the current rules are:

When going for it with Stand Firm and you roll a 1 what happens? Do you fall over in the square you're moving to, just stand in the previous square or neither?

Failing a dodge with Stand Firm, do you just stand there or fall over in the target square?

Reason: ''
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Stand Firm only affects being pushed back in LRB5 - it doesn't have any influence when you fail to go for it or fail a dodge.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

when you fail a gfi you fall over in the square you are moving to, stand firm has no effect on this and never has done so for as long as I can remember

stand firm used to stop you falling over on dodges, it no longer does so, so you treat it just like any other failed dodge and fall over in the target square