Juggernaut and Frenzy

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Juggernaut and Frenzy

Post by Bizzy »

Not sure how this works when you have one player that has both skills. Can anyone explain it?

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

not sure what part of it you need explaining

juggernaut just cancels out wrestle fend and stand firm when you blitz and also lets you change a both down into a push back, which in turn would allow you to make the second block using frenzy

Bizzy
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Bizzy »

Thank you for some reason I think my mind was back in LRB 4.0 experimental rules where Juggernaut allowed two squares of a push back. Unless I am completely lost in my own little world and there is a skill that does that I am not thinking of

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

hehe no problem

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Heh, heh... I have a Juggernaut/Frenzy/AV10 Werewolf....

:o TOOT, TOOT :o

:lol:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Digger Goreman wrote:Heh, heh... I have a Juggernaut/Frenzy/AV10 Werewolf....

:o TOOT, TOOT :o

:lol:
Hmm, I'm wondering if I'd rather have a 9/3/3/9 WW, a 10/3/3/8 WW, or an 8/3/3/10... Solid all the way around... But I prefer 8/5/3/8 :)

Biff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Biff »

Grumbledook wrote:...which in turn would allow you to make the second block using frenzy
Yuo get the second block anyway, since its the dice that matter, not if you actually push the player back or not.

Cramy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Cramy »

Biff wrote:
Grumbledook wrote:...which in turn would allow you to make the second block using frenzy
Yuo get the second block anyway, since its the dice that matter, not if you actually push the player back or not.
And one of the best skill combination in the game, especially if the player happens to have ST4+ and good movement.

Cramy
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Biff wrote:
exactly it is the dice that matter so you need juggernaut to turn a both down into a push back, both down results in the players staying where they are

it is just stand firm without frenzy on push backs that you get to roll the second dice and that has always been the case

taking my line and chopping it up removing the first bit lost the context as the question was about juggernaut and frenzy rather than stand firm ;]

course it doesn't hurt to clear things up

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

yea, on a both down result with both players having block, juggernaut lets you change the dice to a push, so you push them back and get your 2nd block, where without juggernaut, you would not get the 2nd block.

-Xeterog