Fanatic movement weird question

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

irlandes
Experienced
Experienced

Fanatic movement weird question

Post by irlandes »

Hi all, in our league someone told us we make the fanatic movement wrong... just reading the Ball and Chain skill.
Ball & Chain (Extraordinary)
Players armed with a Ball & Chain can only take Move Actions. To move
or Go For It, place the throw-in template over the player facing up or
down the pitch or towards either sideline.
Then roll a D6 and move the
player one square in the indicated direction; no Dodge roll is required if
you leave a tackle zone.
If this movement takes the player off the pitch,
they are beaten up by the crowd in the same manner as a player who
has been pushed off the pitch. Repeat this process until the player runs
out of normal movement
(you may GFI using the same process if you
wish). If during his Move Action he would move into an occupied square
then the player will throw a block following normal blocking rules against
whoever is in that square, friend or foe (and it even ignores Foul
Appearance!). Prone or Stunned players in an occupied square are
pushed back and an Armour roll is made to see if they are injured,
instead of the block being thrown at them. The player must follow up if
they push back another player, and will then carry on with their move as
described above. If the player is ever Knocked Down or Placed Prone
roll immediately for injury (no Armour roll is required). Stunned results for
any Injury rolls are always treated as KO’d. A Ball & Chain player may
use the Grab skill (as if a Block Action was being used) with his blocks (if
he has learned it!). A Ball & Chain player may never use the Diving
Tackle, Frenzy, Kick-Off Return, Pass Block or Shadowing skills.
the thing is that this player states that the blue sentence "repeat this process..." only applies to the green part, when we always played that in each movement point you could change the TI template (red part). He states that in previous editions "you may change the template direction" was written in the ball and chainer...

¿Was this skill written this way because you cannot change the facing of the template once you place it the first MO direction? If not... ¿Should it be rewritten to "repeat all these precesses" or something else?

Reason: ''
[url=http://asociaciontempus.com/irungobbowl]Tournament in Irun[/url] (Spain-France frontier)
Our Irun League www.asociaciontempus.com
boxjuggler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by boxjuggler »

I've always played it that you can change the template direction after each move. 'Repat this process' means repeating the whole sequence in my eyes.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

you can change direction between movement

I suspect that was left out due to try and keep the description as short as possible

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I guess we could say "repeat this entire process from the beginning of the skill description" but we didn't think we needed to.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ask the player where it says you don't repeat the bit in red.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:Ask the player where it says you don't repeat the bit in red.
The funny thing is I'm normally pretty good at seeing ways folks can misread things and never saw this one as a issue.

What makes it a bigger deal is my understanding is that Cyanide programmed the video game to not repeat the red section either. :-?

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

GalakStarscraper wrote:...
What makes it a bigger deal is my understanding is that Cyanide programmed the video game to not repeat the red section either. :-?

Galak
I don't think so. I have had my fanatic move in a 360 loop and come back near it's starting position, at least I am pretty certain. I think Cyanide allows you to choose the initial direction and then all bets are off :) I'll test that tonight... shouldn't take long

irlandes
Experienced
Experienced

Post by irlandes »

GalakStarscraper wrote: What makes it a bigger deal is my understanding is that Cyanide programmed the video game to not repeat the red section either. :-?

Galak
this was the begining of everything... :wink: :wink:

thanks fot the answers!

[url=http://asociaciontempus.com/irungobbowl]Tournament in Irun[/url] (Spain-France frontier)
Our Irun League www.asociaciontempus.com
swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Couldn't they have avoided all these stupid bugs by simply asking Galak about things that they were unsure about?

It seems a bit stupid not to consult with the author of the rulebook.

Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fat_Emrys »

swntzu wrote:Couldn't they have avoided all these stupid bugs by simply asking Galak about things that they were unsure about?
Ah, but what if they thought they'd read it correctly? The weird bit is that I'm sure I saw an article in which Cyanide were making a big thing of the developers being TT players. If so, they must have some odd house rules in their leagues ...

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

swntzu wrote:Couldn't they have avoided all these stupid bugs by simply asking Galak about things that they were unsure about?

...and that would have been the correct thing to do and we can't have that can we? :roll:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Emrys wrote:
Ah, but what if they thought they'd read it correctly? The weird bit is that I'm sure I saw an article in which Cyanide were making a big thing of the developers being TT players. If so, they must have some odd house rules in their leagues ...
And to be honest, they've not managed to get even all the simple things right, so what do you expect.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

pretty much all the bugs i've seen being reported are ones that were known about in beta...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yep.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I was involved with the beta from within a couple weeks of the start of beta testing. I answered a LOT of rules questions during the beta testing period (over a year right? I've lost track).

So I made sure to give them the 100% ... this is the right way to do the rule. So I'm surprised with so long a beta time and so many good TT players like Lucifer, Grumble, Xeterog ane me giving them feedback that they number of items still not working is what it is.

Galak