Looney skill progression

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Spyrer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looney skill progression

Post by Spyrer »

What about Pro? just on the off chance you roll a 1 on your chainsaw roll and dont have a reroll....

Reason: ''
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I don't see why wrestle is even an option here at all. If you had wrestle I would choose both down and if you chose to wrestle, I'd foul you.

Block over Wrestle, but would go DP all the way.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Spyrer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spyrer »

What about kick-off return?

would let you deploy it safely on the kick and then move to a blocking position before the turn..

still i would choose DP over anything =P

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

I do like kick off return, but to actually get the ball. I think it would be a waste for a secret weapon. Get something that counts.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

DON'T TAKE WRESTLE on the Looney!!! He will be blitzed by a Juggernaut/Block player and the wrestle skill is worth nothing!

Block or Dirty Player are the best choices

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

stashman - I definitely agree no wrestle, but your argument could be for anybody not getting wrestle. You may as well say nobody should ever get wrestle...

stashman

Post by stashman »

funnyfingers wrote:stashman - I definitely agree no wrestle, but your argument could be for anybody not getting wrestle. You may as well say nobody should ever get wrestle...
Sorry! Wrestle is awesome, but not on a chainsaw goblin.

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

stashman wrote:DON'T TAKE WRESTLE on the Looney!!! He will be blitzed by a Juggernaut/Block player and the wrestle skill is worth nothing!

Block or Dirty Player are the best choices
A Juggernaut player converts Block to Push. I'm not seeing how the Wrestle skill would be worth nothing then? It has the same affect on a Wrestle player, as it does on a Block player.

EDIT: Never mind - I see the other thread that mentions Juggernaut cancels Wrestle. :)

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

wrestle v/s juggernaught is splitting hairs
notice how juggernaught cancels block? (Damn I missed that .....)
juggernaught still pushes you and you are still standing to block the crap out of him next turn (rummmm, rummmm, ewwmwmewmwemw, thunk)

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Teydyn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teydyn »

daloonieshaman wrote:notice how juggernaught cancels block? (Damn I missed that .....)
Important word in the description is "may".

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

it doesn't cancel block, it turns a both down into a push back, there is a difference

Wanchor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wanchor »

funnyfingers wrote:I don't see why wrestle is even an option here at all. If you had wrestle I would choose both down and if you chose to wrestle, I'd foul you.

Block over Wrestle, but would go DP all the way.
Go ahead and take the risk. Fouling a chainsaw who's already down doesn't net the +3, so I'm okay with the notion that you're risking an ejection to remove the player whose only use is sending other players off the pitch.

Skipper
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Skipper »

Wrestle is the way to go, yes he'll attempt to kick you, but there is a chance the kicker will be booted from the pitch. And if he fails to take you out, you also have a nice fat juicy target on the pitch (probably one of those nasty Blitzers) when you get up to foul.

As for jugernaught, it depends on the league length. Short leagues and this won't be a factor as I've never seen Juggernaught in short to medium leagues. That skill seems to be persistent only in longer or perpetual leagues.

Skipper