Frenzy+Sidestep

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Frenzy+Sidestep

Post by mubo »

It does get a little complex when you have a Grab player wanting to surf an SS player next to the sideline with a block, which is what I think Waaagh means. Assume no conventionally empty squares.

EDITED BECAUSE I WAS TALKING RUBBISH.

Reason: ''
Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
Waaagh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waaagh »

Thank You, now i know how to deal with those annoying Blodge sidestep'ers. :evil:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

What is there to separate? If you use Grab to cancel SS then you push back as normal. You don't go into a silly "I'll use grab, so I won't use sidestep, ah so I won't use grab, so I will use SS" discussion. If grab is used SS isn't and you push back as normal. The only other option is for the grabber to choose not to use grab and then the SS has the choice of where to go (or to be pushed back as normal).

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Oops. Grab and sidestep cancel each other out. Didn't read that.

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
khudzlin
Experienced
Experienced

Post by khudzlin »

you can even block 2 sidesteppers into the crowd with a multiple block if all standard pushback squares are occupied

remember that grab cancels sidestep only on the direct targets of blocks (not on players pushed into), though (same as juggernaut against stand firm)

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Frenzy/Side-Step (or Frenzy/Stand Firm) is also good for marking. If you can't get around to the front side of a player, get next to him on a Frenzy blitz, and afterwards, you'll have at least driven him back two squares and square-marked him with a Side Step (or Stand Firm) player.

It also works well because they're both winger skills: Side Step to hold opponents out, and Frenzy to go after the ball or the cage, where again Side Step keeps your zone on the ball. They're also both cage-corner skills: Frenzy on the blitz, then the blitzing player forms a corner of the hedge, where Side Step is invaluable.

There's also combo synergy. They like the same skills: Block, Tackle, Jump Up, Mighty Blow. Side Step combos with Guard and Frenzy doesn't, but it's easy to put those skills on the same guy.

Me, I think the coolest complementary skill to Side Step is Grab. Shall we dance? I'll lead.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.