Kick Off Return

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Kick Off Return

Post by Smeborg »

Don't forget - if you take Kick-off Return, the proportion of High Kick results on the Kick-off Table will mysteriously increase...

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
alternat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by alternat »

yes, but you can KOR with one player and go and catch the HK with another one...

slup
Star Player
Star Player

Post by slup »

Not all the time.
You do the KOR before you know the result of the kick off and if you move to the square where the ball will land then no high kick benefit.

Licensed Rules Lawyer
soranos
Rookie
Rookie

Re:

Post by soranos »

lerchey wrote:For what it's worth, I've been playing Dwarves in a local league. I took KoR at the end of last week on one of my dwarf runners (both have block, the other one has Fend).

In two games today, KoR allowed me move the runner under the ball 5 times, and directly next to it twice.

Every time the runner was under the ball, he caught it. Gave me a nice, quick ball grab, and with both runners and both blitzers in the backfield, I was able to mop up part of the opposing line, and pick which side I want to direct my cage towards.

Excellent skill. Really glad that I took it. :)

Won both games 2-1, and 3-0 and 5-0 in CAS.
You received the ball 7 times in 2 games in which you conceded a total of 1 TD? Are you sure you are using the skill rightfully?

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Alternative plan:

On doubles, give it to a treeman. Watch your opponent's face as he moves 5 squares in one turn! (7 with GFIs)

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

nazgob wrote:Alternative plan:

On doubles, give it to a treeman. Watch your opponent's face as he moves 5 squares in one turn! (7 with GFIs)
so since this is a skill use and not an action the Tree does not have to Take Root to KOR?

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

daloonieshaman wrote:
nazgob wrote:Alternative plan:

so since this is a skill use and not an action the Tree does not have to Take Root to KOR?
Correct. Pass Block on a Treeman allows them to move 3 squares without rolling for Take Root (or GFI) as well when used.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
B SIDE
Veteran
Veteran

Post by B SIDE »

It seems to me that KoR can be used to move a third player into the widezones at kickoff, all the way up to the line of scrimmage. It may not be the intended use of the skill, but it seems legal. It may come in handy for strong side formations.

I gave the skill to my offensive Thrower on my Skaven team, and I have never regretted it. I would give this skill to at least one guy in a throwing/running position on almost any team. I may even consider it before Sure Hands if my team had at least 3-4 rerolls.

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito.
PlanetTJ
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PlanetTJ »

Who would you give it to in a Chaos Pact Team? The Dark Elf? Goblin maybe? At the moment they are both my primary ball carriers til I get a lucky Agility roll on one of my Mauraders

B SIDE
Veteran
Veteran

Post by B SIDE »

Give it to a marauder- a normal skill roll for them- next skill extra arms if you have a million rerolls, or sure hands if you don't. Also, marauders don't have animosity.

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito.