Juggernaut and Wrestle

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Juggernaut and Wrestle

Post by Aliboon »

Hi, does a juggernaut completely cancel wrestle (when blitzing), like tackle and dodge?

If so, can a blitzing player with block and juggernaut use his block skill on a both down result to knock down the opo player?
A player with this skill is virtually impossible to stop once he is in motion.
If this player takes a Blitz Action, then opposing players may not use
their Fend, Stand Firm or Wrestle skills against blocks, and he may
choose to treat a ‘Both Down’ result as if a ‘Pushed’ result has been
rolled instead.
Reading the skill I would say yes, although this makes the skill a lot better than I had originally thought. I had thought that you could just choose to push back a wrestler (or blocker) on a both down rather than being stopped in your tracks, but now I'm not so sure.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yes you can, one of the great reasons to get Juggernaut on a Blitzer with lots of damage skills

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Yes. If a player has Block + Juggs he can negate Wrestle completely.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

please note tackle and dodge do not cancel out wrestle

even if you are blitzing

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

please note tackle and dodge do not cancel out wrestle

No, poor wording on my part, juggernaut cancels wrestle (when blitzing), like tackle cancels dodge (at anytime). :lol:

Thanks guys, makes juggernaut a lot more appealing, particularly against wrestle heavy teams. I must have gotten confused over debates regarding the overlapping of juggernaut and block on players like Ulfweners-worth getting both imo, although at what stage of development I couldn't say.

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Well juggernaut does not really cancel wrestle. Juggernaut gives you the choice to turn a both down result into a push. So if you choose not to turn it into a push, then the opponent can wrestle you.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

funnyfingers wrote:Well juggernaut does not really cancel wrestle. Juggernaut gives you the choice to turn a both down result into a push. So if you choose not to turn it into a push, then the opponent can wrestle you.
Gotta shoot ya down on this one:
Rulebook wrote:Juggernaut (Strength)
A player with this skill is virtually impossible to stop once he is in motion. If this player takes a Blitz Action, then opposing players may not use their Fend, Stand Firm or Wrestle skills against blocks, and he may
choose to treat a ‘Both Down’ result as if a ‘Pushed’ result has been rolled instead.
So, as soon as the player with Jugger-Block takes a Blitz Action, all Fend, Stand Firm and Wrestle are negated when he throws a block... meaning he can choose the double-down and your Wrestler is scuh-rewed!!!! He doesn't have to worry 'bout turning it into a Push....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

True enough Digger

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Wow, never read it that closely but that is a good combo.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Digger Goreman wrote:So, as soon as the player with Jugger-Block takes a Blitz Action, all Fend, Stand Firm and Wrestle are negated when he throws a block... meaning he can choose the double-down and your Wrestler is scuh-rewed!!!! He doesn't have to worry 'bout turning it into a Push....
Yup that's why Glart has both Block and Juggernaut ... its not a common mix of skills ... but it does have its uses.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Juggernaut and Wrestle

Post by funnyfingers »

So with Juggernaut and the Block skill you can not only take down a wrestler, but even without Block you could choose Both Down and both would roll armor rolls...

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Also it seems there is not choice for letting the opponent use wrestle. What if there was a circumstance where a Rat Ogre with Juggernaut blitzed a wrestler. The first roll he turns the both down into a push, but second block he really needs the opponent down, but does not want to hurt himself. It seems you cannot ask the opponent if he wants to use Wrestle at this point...

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

its just the same as the opposing player electing to use dodge or not on a pushback+POW, or stand firm, or any other skill

If a player without block hits someone with wrestle you can't assume they will use wrestle and will probably take the turnover, unless perhaps it is the last action of your turn

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Grum - It seems that once you choose a juggernaut blitz, you cannot even allow your opponent the choice of using wrestle. I totally agree that I would fake someone out by not using wrestle. I did it with my wrestle snotling.

Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

In that instance, you can still choose not to use juggernaut on the second block. You are just hoping the other guy uses wrestle.