Hail Mary Pass & Pass to empty square

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rokee2
Rookie
Rookie

Hail Mary Pass & Pass to empty square

Post by rokee2 »

Hello!

We just started to play BB and we have some issues about Hail Mary Pass and Pass to an empty square.

Hail Mary Pass example:

One player uses Hail Mary Pass and there is no player who can catch it, so it lands on an empty square. Is it a turnover?

Pass example:

One player pass the ball to an empty square and there is no player who can catch it. Is it a tornover?

Thanks for the answers.

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Hail Mary Pass & Pass to empty square

Post by Smurf »

Yes and Yes!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
rokee2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rokee2 »

Smurf wrote:Yes and Yes!
Thanks for the fast and clear answer.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Just go back to the section on turnovers.

Read it, it is your friend, make your opponent turnover hahahahaha.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

its probably the only passing defensive skill for this reason actually, playing against dwarves and you've managed to pop the ball loose but have no chance of keeping it away from them next turn? hail mary it to the other end of the pitch and start a foot race :D

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

HMP is a decent offensive tactic now as well, especially compared with LRB4. You could only diving catch with the player that it was directed to then, and scatters less I believe. Now not only can anyone attempt to catch it, but diving catch is a useful skill for catching any pass, so more players can get it for other reasons.

I think the next doubles on my Halfling team will be HMP as I have a few diving catches already, that come in handy on kickoff or a pass from my 4 AG guy.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Funnyfingers - I have seen HMP used to very good effect on both Halflings and Snotlings.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Arklite
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Arklite »

funnyfingers wrote:HMP is a decent offensive tactic now as well, especially compared with LRB4. You could only diving catch with the player that it was directed to then, and scatters less I believe. Now not only can anyone attempt to catch it, but diving catch is a useful skill for catching any pass, so more players can get it for other reasons.

I think the next doubles on my Halfling team will be HMP as I have a few diving catches already, that come in handy on kickoff or a pass from my 4 AG guy.

true enough, but i feel this kind of thing is secondary to the defensive aspect of the skill, you kind of need 3 diving catchers to really make it work. then again with halflings anything which you can make work is a VERY good thing xD

funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

Arklite - Oh yeah definitely a great way to get rid of the ball. But just saying that it was used offensively before and was a much worse combination in the past. In LRB4, I had Khemri use it against me very effectively and of course they didn't even have diving catch.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
trentusdementus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trentusdementus »

I doubled up a skill roll and I've got HMP on a Snotling. Look out! :lol:

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

I've seen it work once. Orc HMP and they had the indecency to catch it too!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)