Strong arm on treemen

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Edgard
Rookie
Rookie

Strong arm on treemen

Post by Edgard »

Hi

On the Throw team-mate skill it says that you can only throw a team-mate qick and short. But when the player with throw team-mate has strong arm like the treemen, is he then alow to throw long-passes since the skill makes long passes short?

EDGARD 8)

Reason: ''
lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Strong arm on treemen

Post by lerchey »

Sadly, no. Strong Arm does not "make the long pass short", it adds +1 to the roll for passes thrown at Short, Long or Long Bomb range. That's very different that changing the pass range.

The reason that it's good for the Treeman is that it offsets the -1 die roll modifier at Short Range for throwing his teammate. Short Range Pass = 0, TTM = -1, Strong Arm = +1 (at Short), net gain = 0, so it's a straight AG roll.

Edgard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Edgard »

Ok, but with AG1 the tree needs 6 to make the pass anyway?
Whats the difference? :roll:

JPS
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JPS »

Edgard wrote:Ok, but with AG1 the tree needs 6 to make the pass anyway?
Whats the difference? :roll:
TTM can never be accurate (see skill description) so even rolling a 6 isn't very important. The pass roll is to determine if the Big Guy (in this case, the Treeman) fumbles the player to be thrown. If TTM gives a -1 modifier, then you would fumble a short pass on a roll of 1 or 2 (or more if you are in Tackle Zones). Strong Arm negates this penalty, cutting the likelihood of fumbling a short pass in half (1 in 6 instead of 2 in 6).

- JPS

Edgard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Edgard »

I see!

I think I`m going to take one more look at the new rules before asking more qestions :lol:

Thanks for answers :D

Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

I think Strong Arm was worded like this in LRB4. But I guess Throw Team mate was also worded differently. Doesn't matter anyway.