Skaven on Chaos Pact

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JISU
Rookie
Rookie

Skaven on Chaos Pact

Post by JISU »

Hello.

What abilities would you get for a chaos pact skaven ?

1st ???
2nd ???

On double ???

Thanks.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Re: Skaven on Chaos Pact

Post by Grumbledook »

Hi Jisu

take a look at the chaos pact threads in the tactics section

there are a lot of coaches who suggest to not even take the skaven at all

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

For my money, the Skaven renegade is very useful for his MA7 on this otherwise slow team.

Some coaches use him as a ball carrier and/or receiver, and he's fine in these roles this while he has no skills (but note that Animosity and lack of passing skill access do not make a great match with a role as a ball carrier in the long term).

However as he develops, I suggest he is a good ball-hunter. Skills like Wrestle, Horns, Tackle, 2-Heads etc. would seem to fit this role well. Indeed, he seems to go ball hunting quite a lot as a rookie. I see a case for developing all 3 renegades as ball-hunters and poachers (they are players who can change role as the team develops).

Smeborg the Fleshless
funnyfingers
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by funnyfingers »

After 8 games mine has just 3 SPP.
http://www.stuntyleeg.com/index.php?sec ... obj_id=585

I will probably go with with agility mutations like two heads to start out with. I like the 2+ dodge and the 7 MA. Even without skills, the 7MA comes in handy. After that extra arms would be good to get the ball to another player.

On a double - Diving tackle could be nice as you get the dodge and movement to get on a key player plus you still have 4 MA next turn if you use it.

Webhosting with the latest version of OBBLM installed: OBBLM Web Hosting (be sure to choose the OBBLM tab)
Catt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Catt »

funnyfingers wrote:After 8 games mine has just 3 SPP.
http://www.stuntyleeg.com/index.php?sec ... obj_id=585

I will probably go with with agility mutations like two heads to start out with. I like the 2+ dodge and the 7 MA. Even without skills, the 7MA comes in handy. After that extra arms would be good to get the ball to another player.

On a double - Diving tackle could be nice as you get the dodge and movement to get on a key player plus you still have 4 MA next turn if you use it.
My Chaos Pact Skaven, Fleas McWhiskers, has horns and tackle.

I find that his movement 7 but AG3 makes him more effective as a stand-in blitzer on defence. I gave him horns first which really helped open up my tactical options on blitzs. Tackle came second and has been very useful for taking down blodgers, and if he fails to take them down tackle is helpful for making slightly harder for them to get away - often forcing a more risky blitz on him than a simple dodger away by the blodger.

His next skill will be wrestle.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

One of the Linerats on my Underworld team has +1MA, Wrestle, Horns (45 SPPs). He is outstanding. Tackle next.

Smeborg the Fleshless
MeatLoafX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MeatLoafX »

I like to either develop him as a receiver or blitzer. (and when I say receiver, it's more for a hand-off than a throw). If he's a receiver, extra arms, block, maybe two heads. Blitzer gets horns, wrestle, tackle

Listen to www.threedieblock.com - Your Blood Bowl Podcast