Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Blood Bowl » Skills & Traits Queries




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 pm 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:24 am
Posts: 459
Location: Seattle, WA
Don't mistake us rules lawyering it up on the forums for the community turning into a bunch of competitive asshats at the tabletop. It happens on the forums because it's the appropriate place for it. When you're sitting across from an opponent you rarely ever see a rules argument that can't be solved by either a) reading the rulebook or b) asking the commish.

BB in general has very tight and well written rules, much more so than most other tabletop games. When a discrepancy does (rarely) get found, it tends to generate a lot of discussion.

_________________
Image
Commissioner, Rat City Blood Bowl League
Seattle, WA


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:43 pm 
Godfather of Blood Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 15848
Location: Indiana, USA
And not that often do you get the wierd interactions.

Tentacles holding a Vampire is a mix that outside of Vampire vs Nurgle (MAYBE Chaos) is not that normal.

It can happen but its the wierd rare interactions that create these discussions.... not day to day Blood Bowl. I spent too many hours working on the wording based on discussions like this one for it to effect day to day Blood Bowl.

Galak

_________________
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 pm 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:12 pm
Posts: 1913
Location: Sacramento, CA
GalakStarscraper wrote:
I spent too many hours working on the wording based on discussions like this one for it to effect day to day Blood Bowl.



Oooo . ..Oooo. . .

Can I insert my "Tom's Hijacked Bloodbowl" here now? :lol: :P :wink:

_________________
Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 pm 
Godfather of Blood Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 15848
Location: Indiana, USA
Asperon Thorn wrote:
Can I insert my "Tom's Hijacked Bloodbowl" here now? :lol: :P :wink:
Yup because if you can turn all the work that I did to go through everything that I knew was worded badly at that time to make it more clear as a negative ... I'd love to see it. :roll: :wink:

I'm sure you can pull it off somehow ... but in this case the hijacking was very long overdue for the game.

Galak

_________________
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 pm 
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:24 am
Posts: 459
Location: Seattle, WA
GalakStarscraper wrote:
And not that often do you get the wierd interactions.

Tentacles holding a Vampire is a mix that outside of Vampire vs Nurgle (MAYBE Chaos) is not that normal.

It can happen but its the wierd rare interactions that create these discussions.... not day to day Blood Bowl. I spent too many hours working on the wording based on discussions like this one for it to effect day to day Blood Bowl.

Galak


Absolutely correct - pretty much every recent rules argument I can think of for BB has been over oddball situations that never really come up in game, this one included.

_________________
Image
Commissioner, Rat City Blood Bowl League
Seattle, WA


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 am 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:30 am
Posts: 4837
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation
Well, the one good thing that came out of this is the tactical implications of gazing while down.... There are times, sidelines and odd situations, when staying down is best.... Being able to do so and still zap away.... Heh, heh... don't mark me with just one anymore...!

_________________
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
GW attacked the community;
NAF supports GW;
elF them both!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:07 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 208
Digger Goreman wrote:
Well, the one good thing that came out of this is the tactical implications of gazing while down.... There are times, sidelines and odd situations, when staying down is best.... Being able to do so and still zap away.... Heh, heh... don't mark me with just one anymore...!


Even before this a player that marked a Vamp with just one guy was asking for disappointment. When they don't roll 1s Vamps can do LOTS of nasty things :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:28 am 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:12 pm
Posts: 1913
Location: Sacramento, CA
GalakStarscraper wrote:
Asperon Thorn wrote:
Can I insert my "Tom's Hijacked Bloodbowl" here now? :lol: :P :wink:
Yup because if you can turn all the work that I did to go through everything that I knew was worded badly at that time to make it more clear as a negative ... I'd love to see it. :roll: :wink:

I'm sure you can pull it off somehow ... but in this case the hijacking was very long overdue for the game.

Galak


Give me a few weeks, a basket of figs, and a few mice. And I'll have it done. :P

Asperon Thorn

_________________
Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:27 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:06 pm
Posts: 47
GalakStarscraper wrote:
Want another fun one with Vampires.

Let's say you a Vampire that for some very wierd reason you wanted to leave Prone on the pitch ... you can still Gaze adjacent opponents while Prone (same way that Distrubing Presence works while Prone).

Galak


BEEOOOTEAFULL!

:evil:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:10 am 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:58 am
Posts: 2074
Location: Pasadena California
trentusdementus wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:
Want another fun one with Vampires.

Let's say you a Vampire that for some very wierd reason you wanted to leave Prone on the pitch ... you can still Gaze adjacent opponents while Prone (same way that Distrubing Presence works while Prone).

Galak


BEEOOOTEAFULL!

:evil:

you still have to declare a Move action and roll BL

_________________
Image
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:21 am 
Da Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:04 pm
Posts: 23632
Location: Fundamentaling for the BB Illuminati
Seeing as I want to play Vamps at a tourney one day, I need to print out that post by Galak. :wink:

_________________
SWTC 2017 Stunty Cup winner - never again (until next time!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 pm 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:30 am
Posts: 4837
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation
Tourney Vamps... WOOF!, you'll either spectacularly mow 'em down... or feel "the bite" of utter defeat.... Still, I salute you, Sir! Tis' a noble endeavor.... :)

_________________
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
GW attacked the community;
NAF supports GW;
elF them both!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:52 pm 
Godfather of Blood Bowl
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 15848
Location: Indiana, USA
daloonieshaman wrote:
you still have to declare a Move action and roll BL
This is true as well ... you still need a 2+ on the Move Action before you can Hypnotic Gaze while Prone.

Galak

_________________
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:29 pm 
Da Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:04 pm
Posts: 23632
Location: Fundamentaling for the BB Illuminati
Digger Goreman wrote:
Tourney Vamps... WOOF!, you'll either spectacularly mow 'em down... or feel "the bite" of utter defeat.... Still, I salute you, Sir! Tis' a noble endeavor.... :)

Have you seen my NAF record? Feeling the bite is more likely! :lol:

[Edit] Of course you haven't seen my NAF record...[faceplant]

_________________
SWTC 2017 Stunty Cup winner - never again (until next time!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:52 pm 
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:30 am
Posts: 4837
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation
So, and let's see if I get this right:

Vamp is prone
You'd like him to stay prone
You roll bloodlust and, if passed, may choose to keep him grounded... then gaze....
If you fail bloodlust, you can either have him stay grounded, gaze and leave (for failed bloodlust and not standing next to a thrall)... or... have him stand, gaze, and bite an accomodating thrall.... Of course, if he's on the sideline, it's a probable problem for you....

Is all that correct?

_________________
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
GW attacked the community;
NAF supports GW;
elF them both!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Blood Bowl » Skills & Traits Queries


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: