Sneaky Git......assists?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glowworm

Sneaky Git......assists?

Post by Glowworm »

Played last night and my opponent had a different interpretation of Sneaky git to me, which lead to a ( relaxed, friendly) discussion.....

If a Sneaky git player fouls my Nurgle warrior ( use as an example Av9) with 4 assists and rolls double 3, he breaks Av, however I say he is sent off as its a double roll that results in the armour being broken, my opponent suggested that he thought it should not as the double roll did not break the Av, only when assists are added did the armour roll succeed. This would obviously make Sneaky Git a much better skill. Who's interpretation is correct?

This also lead to a discussion about assists, when I foul,at the start of the action I state " foul action with xxx assists" both offensive and defensive are stated so my opponent has time to agree, or usually point out my poor maths!! I then roll the dice, modify the results by the agreed declared modifiers and proceed from there.... Can you decide if you wish to use the assists after the dice roll? Are all eligable adjacent players compelled to assist?

Using the above example, my opponent may say " I'm not using the assists therefor double 3 fails to break armour, so my player is not sent off" I've always played that if you declare assists then they count whether you like it or not!!

Sorry to ramble on, it's was an excellent game and this was a relaxed discussion between to coaches who's interpretation of the rules diverged somewhere, not a heated debate ....

I did have a quick look but couldn't find the answers before posting, no doubt the first reply will be a link to a 15 page dissection of these points..... :wink:

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Sneaky Git......assists?

Post by Shteve0 »

Sent off if the armour breaks.... Including assists. So yes, I would have ruled the guy got sent off.

I'd be pretty confident that's the intended application too, from both a fluff and a mechanical perpective.

Could be wrong, of course :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Sneaky Git......assists?

Post by Loki »

You used to be able to choose to add assists or not BUT LRB 6 pg23 - FOULS, OR KICKING PLAYERS THAT ARE DOWN nows says: "The coach nominates the victim, and then makes an Armour roll for him. Other players that are adjacent to the victim must assist the player making the foul, and each extra player adds 1 to the Armour roll.

Defending players adjacent to the fouler must also give assists to a player that is being fouled."

The bold is from the rules not me.

You can still choose to add Dirty Player or not.

EDIT: just to be clear, I think in the example you gave, a double 3 with 4 assists gets the fouler sent off

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Sneaky Git......assists?

Post by lunchmoney »

+1 to Loki's.
The rule book states you have to assist and a Sneaky Git will be sent off if the armour cracks. From your example, he should have been sent off.

Slight aside, the Dirty Player skill, when combined with Sneaky Git, can save you being sent off.
EG, foul an AV9 player, 1 assist and DP, roll 4+4. With the skill and assist you are through, but sent off. You could elect to not use Dirty Player, therefore not cracking armour, and not sent off.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95