Rules FAQ

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Rules FAQ

Post by sann0638 »

Apologies if this is a repeat thread. What rules clarifications would you put in an FAQ?

Edit: this is to contribute to this section: http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/clarifications/

Feedback welcome!

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Rules FAQ

Post by Warpstone »

I don't know if you already meant this under "what you can/can't use a reroll on" but I think you want a note on when skill usage must be declared. For example, wrestle, break tackle, and diving tackle are timing dependent and you only need to commit to using them after the dice have been rolled. We often have new players assume they have to declare they're using a skill before rolling break tackle. They seem to not grok that their ogre could make multiple dodges before needing to use break tackle on a low roll.

Can I immediately use another bribe if the first bribe fails? Not covered explicitly in the rulebook and I never knew the answer until reading a clarification.

Also, a section on resolving TTMs would be super-useful. Coaches who aren't familiar with stunty teams often have difficulty recalling what to do on a fumble or when the flung stunty lands on another player's head.

I find coaches who play on Cyanide can sometimes forget that actions cannot be declared after the player has moved or rolled dice. Completely changes the risk assessment if you can choose between hand off/pass/move mid-action. In the Cyanide game, you can do just that.

IIRC, there's a point somewhere in the rulebook about turning your players to indicate they've finished their action. This is a norm that a lot of us take for granted. We have new/lapsed players come to tournaments who aren't familiar with this as a best practice. It's probably handy to include it somewhere in order to help isolated gaming groups get up to speed.

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Awesome points, thank you.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Assists

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

* What is / isn't a turnover.
* What does / doesn't give SPPs (e.g. crowdpushes and fouls don't, caught inaccurate passes don't...)
* There's probably more skills that need a lot more explanation than they currently get.
* Not sure if you need anything about creating a team roster before playing? But certainly the pre-game and post-game stuff could be covered (more than just inducements).

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Stunty & titchy ( it's not +1 to injury !!)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

OK cool, now, who fancies writing bits for each one so I can collate them? Just post here if you think you can give a good explanation of each one!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

I'll take the bits I mentioned, except for TTM. Still mystifies me as I'm not an experienced stunty coach.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

OK thanks, I'm planning to pull something together over the weekend, taking my laptop to a tourney so will be in the zone. Will leave those bits till last, but might get on to them. I'm veering away from an FAQ towards a general clarifications document, FAQ seems a big clumsy, reading back the stickied thread.

Anyone know if anything like this already exists?

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Along similar lines, what's the best summary sheet you have come across? Links please?

There's this one, for example (from the BB resources thread): http://www.enos.ltd.uk/Downloads/Lose-o-graph.pdf

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

sann0638 wrote:Along similar lines, what's the best summary sheet you have come across? Links please?
Cant remember where I got it, so here's my dropbox llink https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/499 ... B6v2-1.pdf
Credits to Firebreather and Pug

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Thanks Al.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Plasmoid has a great inducement cheat sheet that even takes the merc+skill math off your hands: http://www.plasmoids.dk/Inducements.pdf

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Contributions still welcome! Will add cheat sheets later.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

I'm happy to write up an assists FAQ if no-one has done this yet

Geocaching - The most fun you can have with a smartphone and a pencil
First official recipient of 'The Glowworm Award'