Blood Lust and Blitzes?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DeeSnider
Rookie
Rookie

Blood Lust and Blitzes?

Post by DeeSnider »

I couldn't find an answer to this through the search function. With the new Blood Lust rules, it seems like there is a lot of confusion regarding the timing of what happens during a failed blood lust action. It seems clear from the Blood Lust rule that during a failed Pass, or Hand-off Action, you finish all your movement, then must bite an adjacent thrall before rolling for the pass or hand-off. Seems clear enough, both these happen after you are finished with movement. I'm assuming the same applies to a Hypnotic Gaze roll, bite, then roll.

My question is what about completing a blitz action during a failed Blood Lust roll? Do I need to bite a thrall before throwing the block dice? And can I continue to move afterwards, or do I still bite (or not, as the case may be), after completing all movement, including the block? Also, if I fail Blood Lust and complete a block action, do I need to bite a thrall before throwing the dice? Are assists calculated before or after the bite?

Reason: ''
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Blood Lust and Blitzes?

Post by Dzerards »

With the blitz you can move, hit someone, and then continue moving to find a thrall to bite. The blitz is different than the other actions in that the actual block is not the last part of the action.

At least that is how I interpret the rule and how it is implemented in BOTOCS.

I can't remember how it works on a block, my interpretation is that with a block you bite after the block is thrown. I'll run a test in BOTOCS and let you know.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

Yep, in BOTOCS, for a block, you resolve the block first then you bite a thrall, if one is near by.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

You get to do a Block or Blitz action before you need to bite a Thrall.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

be sure to take him down or you will have to dodge unless you have a thrall right there

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

daloonieshaman wrote:be sure to take him down or you will have to dodge unless you have a thrall right there
Unless it's on turn 8/16, in which case Dracula will just get an early run on the Bloodweiser stand.... Hope he wasn't holding the ball.... :orc:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

The way I interpret it is you can move if you choose to do so, do the block part of the Blitz Action, then you may move if you have any movement left [and haven't fallen down or something like that]. Right before you say "and the Vampire is done" you have to either bite a Thrall or get moved to Reserves per the rules.

Note: If you fall down on your Blitz [say skulls were rolled] then even if your AV isn't broken you're still kicked out because you didn't feed. [Of course if your AV was broke and a KO or worse resulted then those results apply :)]

trentusdementus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trentusdementus »

Don't forget the turnover when you don't eat and go to the reserves box.

Ferne
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ferne »

Can you declare a move action, bite a thrall and then move? And what about blocks? It says "..if he had declared a block action, he may take a move action instead." But if there is thrall adjacent to the vampire, may he then choose to bite the thrall and then throw the block?

alternat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by alternat »

Ferne wrote:Can you declare a move action, bite a thrall and then move? And what about blocks? It says "..if he had declared a block action, he may take a move action instead." But if there is thrall adjacent to the vampire, may he then choose to bite the thrall and then throw the block?
no, he must block, then bite.
the chance to convert a block into a move is to be used when you have no thrall adjacent.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

No offense meant to anyone, but as this comes up repeatedly, perhaps we should have Bloodlust for Dummies sticky thread?

With your vampire, do this:
1. Declare action.
2. Roll for bloodlust. On 2+ you must skip step 3 and 6.
3. If you declared a Block Action (and failed Bloodlust) you may take a Move Action instead.
4. Proceed with your action type as normal, until you have completely finished with any blocking and/or moving. Completely finished.
5. If you had either declared or converted into a Move Action you may now use your Hypnotic Gaze.
6. You must now either bite a thrall or go to reserves (turnover).
7. Finally, you may now Hand-off, Pass or Score - if the action you declared/performed allows you to do so.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

plasmoid wrote:No offense meant to anyone, but as this comes up repeatedly, perhaps we should have Bloodlust for Dummies sticky thread?
big +1

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Close. But the order is 1,2,3,4,7,5,6

The only part of any Action you complete after biting/not biting is pass, hand off or score

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Thanks. Edited.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

that still isn't that clear when it comes to passing etc

4. Proceed with your action type as normal, until you have completely finished with any blocking and/or moving. Completely finished.

should split that into 4a for blitzes and move actions (when not scoring) and 4b for passes, hand off and move actions (when scoring)

or something like that