Unskilled Zombie with Fan Favourite. Keep or cut?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Unskilled Zombie with Fan Favourite. Keep or cut?

Post by Aino »

Just for fun (especially if you keep on playing in a closed league with the same people) keep the dam zombie.
Do wild stuff with him. If he survives he will realy have earned hist Fan favourite title, if not, you're rid of him.

Imagine the Fan favourite taking on a minotaur just by himself :D

Mreover use his fame to your advantage! Keep referring to him, saying how good he is. Your oponents may get tricked into targetting that poor fellow, letting some pressure off the rest of the team...

Aino

Reason: ''
Fighting signature size creep ;)
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Unskilled Zombie with Fan Favourite. Keep or cut?

Post by Dzerards »

Aino wrote: Imagine the Fan favourite taking on a minotaur just by himself :D
That's every Zombie's job anyway to stand up to big guys! He doesn't need FF to take a pounding!

And all this talk of keep him and do wild stuff with him for fun, I'm assuming you mean for the entertainment of my opponents while I lose a lot? :D

If it was a closed, table top, league I probably wouldn't cut him, as there would be a fair amount of entertainment/roleplay value to be had from him. But in a large, open, online league there is not much whimsy to be had unfortunately. It is a lot harder to get as emotionally invested in a bunch of pixels, especially when online banter is... well ... online banter is usually non-existent most of the time to be honest.

I'll be honest and say I was bitterly disappointed when I was told my prize had to go on a Zombie. There was nothing in the tournament information about conditions on who gets the prize and I assumed it would be allocated the same way as for the Spike Magazine Trophy: the player with the most SPP. So I totally resented this Zombie for waltzing into the team and running of with the fan's affections and have been predisposed to cutting him from the off.

So yeah, I hate the guy and he has no strategic value so I cut him two days ago. I was a bit worried that it might be ungrateful, but at the end of the day he's not a gift, he's a prize I had to win. And I did think hard about it! Plus we've started a discussion in the relevant forum so that future prizes are more worthwhile.

Reason: ''
"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton