Take root without stand firm.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

xzcion
Rookie
Rookie

Take root without stand firm.

Post by xzcion »

Ok, my tree gets hit while rooted, and I chose not to use stand firm when I am knocked down, I assume the text of take root "A player that has taken root may not ... be pushed back for any reason" means that my choice means nothing, because I fall over in the square I am in anyway?

i.e. the effect of take root is not cancelled until after my tree is on the ground

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Re: Take root without stand firm.

Post by Grumbledook »

being knocked down cancels take root, so they can be pushed back if you elect to not use stand firm

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

xzcion wrote:Ok, my tree gets hit while rooted...
Who hits a treeman that's rooted?

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Ulthuan_Express wrote:
Halfling on Halfling ... I actually did it to free up the Tackle zones for my Fling to run through rather than dodge through. But I've only had to do it once in my life.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Ulthuan_Express wrote:
Halfling on Halfling ... I actually did it to free up the Tackle zones for my Fling to run through rather than dodge through. But I've only had to do it once in my life.

Tom
Once in the lifetime of an Iron Chef? I think that's at the same time as a blue moon during a month of sundays... :D I was figuring casualty records, or breaking a well-anchored 'fling cage could have been the reason.

That, or insanity.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
xzcion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by xzcion »

ty all.

Now, please, go answer the questions in the other post :p

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Grumbledook wrote:being knocked down cancels take root, so they can be pushed back if you elect to not use stand firm
Surely that's incorrect? If they've Taken Root they can't be pushed back for any reason. So a Pow result on the block would result in a Push Back (which is ignored) and then a down, which would then unroot the tree. Electing to not use Stand Firm wouldn't do anything.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

then why didn't galak correct it?

spose it does say pushed back and then knocked down

so if you take the fact the knocked down part is what cancels take root, rather than the selecting for defender down they probably don't get pushed back

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

i would say, that the rule may be interpreted in several ways. I would have said, that a player may not be pushed and that a Push/Pow would result in only a "Pow" and so the player falls down in the same square. In this situation, the tree doesn't have the option to use SF - so is life with nega traits. The troll can't use Strong Arm on the gobo, if he has eaten the gobo before.
After all the things with Bloodlust, a clarification about this would be quite nice.
Interesting is, that the tree is not able to use DT and Wrestle, when taken root. DT ok (knew that one), but i didn't knew about Wrestle, because it would allow the tree to be placed prone with it's own skill. Therefor the tree is not allowed to use Wrestle and this results perhaps in a turnover - although it has Wrestle. :wink:

Greets,
gan

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Didn't see Grumble's post the first time.

Sorry ... yes I don't agree with Grumble.

Take Root does not allow you to be pushed back. That effect doesn't end until you are on the ground.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Yes according to the dice description (pg 10) you are Pushed Back then Knocked Down

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup