Frenzy

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Frenzy

Post by fire olli »

My Frenzy guy has block, he blocks the player next to him and gets a both down result (the other player has block as well), can he do a second block or does the action stop??

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Frenzy

Post by inkpwn »

I think you have to follow up to get the second hit, because stand firm cancels frenzy so no.

Demagoge
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Demagoge »

Frenzy only is used if you choose a "Pushed" od "Defender Stumbles" result. It can´t be used after choosing a "Both Down".

Stand Firm doesn´t negate Frenzy. Only Fend negates it.

KaRoTa e.V. - our tabletop and roleplaying club in Kaiserslautern (Germany)
If you want to play a game in our area, please feel free to contact us via our forum

My teams:
Frog`n´Roll - Slann
Seaguard Saphires - Pro Elf
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

This is what the guy said who i played last week but i had a look at the rules last night and as i understand it as long as i am standing next to the opponent i get a second block. :?: :?:

I think its "Fend" that can stop frenzy as you can not follow up so you are not next to the other player. ???? ????

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

Stand firm does not cancel frenzy!
Read the frenzy rule you get a second block only if you get a push result on the dice. So if you blitz and you have juggernaut you would be allowed to have a second block with frenzy.

In regards to stan firm, yes you don't move but the conditions for frenzy are not about movement, they are:
1) having a push on the dice
2) being next to your opponent

Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

fire olli wrote:This is what the guy said who i played last week but i had a look at the rules last night and as i understand it as long as i am standing next to the opponent i get a second block. :?: :?:
Read it again. If you roll a push or a defender stumbles (assuming they have Dodge), you must follow up, and you must immediately throw another block. You must both be standing for the second block, of course, but the first condition is rolling a push on the first block.
fire olli wrote:I think its "Fend" that can stop frenzy as you can not follow up so you are not next to the other player. ???? ????
Yes, Fend stops Frenzy's follow-up (and therefore the follow-up block), but Stand Firm doesn't.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just to note, if a Fend player also has Side Step, and elects to use Fend but also Side Steps next to the Frenzy player, then he can throw the 2nd Block.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Darkson wrote:Just to note, if a Fend player also has Side Step, and elects to use Fend but also Side Steps next to the Frenzy player, then he can throw the 2nd Block.
would you then follow up into the square he left or just block from the square you are in.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

fire olli wrote: just block from the square you are in.
This, since electing to use Fend stops the follow-up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.